GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Group buy................

It's true, the stock e34 lighting is crap... I was going to wait for about a year before HID. I know I'll be traveling up and down from socal to norcal if I get into the schools I want, so there will be some late night traveling. I'd feel a lot safer with some brigher lights. I have sylvania silverstars with the 9005 mod. It's not bright at all.

~And of course, I am open to any better deals out there.

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip

Quote Originally Posted by pmlmotorsports
    5000k is TOO BLUE, you will not get the brightness you are expecting from that high a rating. There is a reason why BMW, Lexus, Audi, Mercedes, etc have chosen 4000k-4300k. BE CAREFUL!!!! These are made in Taiwan, not exactly known for the high quality standards of the European or Japanese companies. To each his own, but anything over 4300K is not bright, just blue or purple and will make your night driving a real "experience" .....kinda like having black-lights in a nightclub (t-shirts glow a light purple) and it has the same effect on street signs and highway signs......you've been warned
    Thats not true; alot of cars such as audi, porsche, and ferrari use 6000k hids, and the BMW X5 uses closer to 8000k. I personally use hella ballasts with 8000k bulbs, and the lighting and drivability is much improved over stock. The problems you are talking about are more equated to 10000k+ and even then some 10000k setups provide more visibility than the stock e34 setup.

My 535i has 5,000k main beams... They look GREAT but are really, really **** as far as output!! And in the rainy conditions, forget it. Its like not having any lights at all!!

Gone but NEVER forgotten. :'(

And then...

Did you get a Jap import kit? pmlmotorsports is right about one thing, you cant buy the import hid kits and expect great results. I did alot of research on hids before I bought my setup, and I decided to go with oem ballasts and avoid the low quality jap import kits.

Mine are just halogen globes... No ballast packs and stuff. They are Philips however, so they are still german quality

Gone but NEVER forgotten. :'(

And then...

Quote Originally Posted by bondheli
    Did you get a Jap import kit? pmlmotorsports is right about one thing, you cant buy the import hid kits and expect great results. I did alot of research on hids before I bought my setup, and I decided to go with oem ballasts and avoid the low quality jap import kits.
    Hmm, I'm interested to see what your setup looks like. There is a 5er meet planned for August 7th in Pleasanton. Someone will probably post it here soon enough. Perfect opportunity...

1992 525i 5 speed (Calypso/Parchment) - 1989 525iA (Schwartz/Natur) SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by SC David
    Hmm, I'm interested to see what your setup looks like. There is a 5er meet planned for August 7th in Pleasanton. Someone will probably post it here soon enough. Perfect opportunity...
    Yeah, well it's Livermore actually and I'm still working on it.

Anyway, bondheli, where are you located?

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Keith
    Yeah, well it's Livermore actually and I'm still working on it.

Anyway, bondheli, where are you located?

Keith
    My bad. He's in Santa Cruz like me.

1992 525i 5 speed (Calypso/Parchment) - 1989 525iA (Schwartz/Natur) SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by SC David
    My bad. He's in Santa Cruz like me.

Cool!

Im going to be in Vegas for a week in early august, so keep me posted on the date of the meet and I might be able to work my trip around it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast