GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Procedure replacing trans..speed sensor?

Default Procedure replacing trans..speed sensor?

where is it and how do you replace the transmission speed sensor, is it a hard job i am guessing its right under the shift knob area, can it can removed from the inside by removing the everything where the shift is or does it need to be through the underneath......92 525i GM 4l30E trans.... iam wondering what the part # is, because i looked for one on the internet and it showed me a "AT Pulse Generator $76.39" is this the part or i am i wrong???

...may be mistaken, but I think the speed sensor is above the filter, got to drop the front pan, then the filter and I *think* it's one of the sensors up there.... but it's a common GM tranny so should be able to find out (got the same tranny...) anyway to answer your question, need to be done underneath. would guess the pulse generator is activated by speed...is that an error message you're getting?

[QUOTE=RobPatt]...may be mistaken, but I think the speed sensor is above the filter, got to drop the front pan, then the filter and I *think* it's one of the sensors up there.... but it's a common GM tranny so should be able to find out (got the same tranny...) anyway to answer your question, need to be done underneath. would guess the pulse generator is activated by speed...is that an error message you're getting?[/QUOTE

I am getting the trans program message and according to bruno's website first check voltage then change dme, fuel pump relays, clean gear selector swicth, then check and replace trans.. speed sensor and the picture on the website illustrates where it goes and it is called pulse generator. so i am wondering theres is a connection on top of the trans... right below the shift knob area is this the speed sensor(pulse generator?) can it be accessed through the top and more importantly is speed sensor also called pulse generator and how can the dme and fuel pump relays cause the message???please help me out.