GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Atlanta folks: Know a good indy shop/mechanic on...

Default Atlanta folks: Know a good indy shop/mechanic on...

... the North side of town? My son has just moved there, and will be living in Buckhead area, working in Dunwoody area, and has a "new" E36 328i. It seems like it has a slight idle roughness, maybe a vacuum leak. We will do some basic checking this morning, but may need further diagnosis if we can't fix it ourselves. He has done the injector cleaner routine already.
    1995 E34 540i Manual Limited Edition -- #50 out of 70 Australian RHD. Have owned 3 x E34 535i 5 speeds and E36 328i 5 speed (in the US), and a 1982 E28 528i, RHD Australian Euro-type 5 Speed.

Quote Originally Posted by rph
    ... the North side of town? My son has just moved there, and will be living in Buckhead area, working in Dunwoody area, and has a "new" E36 328i. It seems like it has a slight idle roughness, maybe a vacuum leak. We will do some basic checking this morning, but may need further diagnosis if we can't fix it ourselves. He has done the injector cleaner routine already.
    If he wants to drive 15 minutes north up the Alpharetta-Bahn then Harrison Motorsports is a great place. David Harrison (the owner) is a great guy and runs a nice shop. He is also a big supporter of the local CCA which is a bonus. If he wants a great shop in Dunwoody (10 minutes from Perimeter Mall which is probably the area where he works) then try Buckhead Motor Works. My brother lives in Dunwoody and takes his M5 to Buckhead Motor Works for service and they take great care of him. Of course YMMV.

There is a great group of local BMW guys that get together on weekly basis for dinner and schmoozing. Ping me off list if you want the contact info for your son. Make sure you visit him often

Best,
    Rory

<Insert list of modifcations or clever saying here>