GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: could someboduy do me a biiigg favor and look up the spring loaded coolant thing.....

Default could someboduy do me a biiigg favor and look up the spring loaded coolant thing.....

in the air filter box in the etk??????PLEASE???? i can only find pictures of the air box with a hole in the back, ie not in there.......looked in coolant and climate control.....rather not bug bill yet if i don't have to.... car is july 1991 production automatic 525i.

Default apparently, the thing i broke....

extricating my voltage regulator is a thermostat, albeit a somewhat superfluous one. can somebody explain its function? its item 10 in the pic.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan roopnarine
    in the air filter box in the etk??????PLEASE???? i can only find pictures of the air box with a hole in the back, ie not in there.......looked in coolant and climate control.....rather not bug bill yet if i don't have to.... car is july 1991 production automatic 525i.

Default From the looks of it, it allows heated coolant to circulate through the

throttle body when the intake air temp is too cold. This prevents the throttle plate from icing up. Anybody thats ever had a carburator throttle plate stick open from icing up knows what I'm talking about. And since its temp sensitive as long as the intake air temp is high enough it shuts off flow of heated coolant to the throttle body.

Default mumsie's car.....

and i say mumsie's car cause i wasn't old enough to own a car when i lived there, a 1986 dodge caravan, never suffered from a frozen throttle plate when we lived in regina, saskatchewan, and the temp once got down to -62 C....or is that a function of a pre heater hose???? i take it you've never had cause to replace this particular part? i guess i have nobody to ask how much they think it is.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill R.
    throttle body when the intake air temp is too cold. This prevents the throttle plate from icing up. Anybody thats ever had a carburator throttle plate stick open from icing up knows what I'm talking about. And since its temp sensitive as long as the intake air temp is high enough it shuts off flow of heated coolant to the throttle body.

Default Actually throttle plate icing can occur at much higher temps than that.. but out

here nobody drives if its below 32F... we don't know how. : )

Quote Originally Posted by ryan roopnarine
    and i say mumsie's car cause i wasn't old enough to own a car when i lived there, a 1986 dodge caravan, never suffered from a frozen throttle plate when we lived in regina, saskatchewan, and the temp once got down to -62 C....or is that a function of a pre heater hose???? i take it you've never had cause to replace this particular part? i guess i have nobody to ask how much they think it is.....