GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Isn't '89 525 supposed to drop out AC compr on low vacuum?????

Default Isn't '89 525 supposed to drop out AC compr on low vacuum?????

hought '89 525, and all modern cars, was supposed to cut out AC compressor on low vacuum ie acceleration.

If that's not true, don't try to sell your M20 in AC season. That thing is a real power hog. Is there a simple module for control or is that an ecu function?

I think the compressor is switched off when the throttle position sensor sees wide open throttle. If you can generate the stomp test by depressing the throttle pedal 5 times quickly, with the key in position 2 & motor off, then the tps senses wot.
    erased due to slander

Not all modern cars cut out the A.C. upon acceleration. I know of several cars built after '89 that dont have this feature you are speaking of.

Alex, I respect your report but suspect that those that don't have it prob need it the most. Eg, low cost, low power, small cars.

leave rec on and turn off compressor when you need to pass, or grow some hp ahhh the trip home this evening in the e34, cruise set 10 over, outside temp reading 97* air temp at center vent 39* and for some strange reason not much traffic, weee weee weee all the way home
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Only one prob, I was about to be run over from behind in a modestly agressive merge in a 45mph zone. Had been conditioned in that exact merge by a '97 Ford Explorer 5.0 v8 and also a '97 Jeep 4.0 straight six that I had been testing for my son, both of which had plenty of pop.

Nothing wrong with my '89 525 5s except that I underestimated amount of throttle required and there was no oppty to cut off the AC. That's what BMW engineering was supposed to design in. If Martin is right, and I suspect that he may well be, the design is NG.

Need a vac controlled module to cut b+ to AC clutch at something far short of WOT. The temp control is turning the AC off and on all the time anyway.

By grab, think I'll just rig up a vac controlled AC clutch cut-off. How bout an adjustable module?

theres no vacuum in the hvac system on the e34, thank god, vacuum controls suck if you really want to be miserable buy a mercedes and deal with electric over vacuum over electric over vacuum controls, no i didn't studder it's that bad on some models
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Why only cut out AC compressor on WOT?

foot to floor max acceleration without the drag of the ac

Quote Originally Posted by Gene in NC
    Why only cut out AC compressor on WOT?