GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The right rear of my car is lower than the left.

Default The right rear of my car is lower than the left.

I have H&R and bilstein sports. The rear shock mounts were replaced in late sept of 04. The left side appears to be the correct height, but the right it slightly lower. first insticnt is that its a spring... any other suggestions?

Is the parking brake on when you notice this? It could be that they are not adjusted correctly and that one side is holding more weight than the other. I have seen this before.

Ken

what about the shocks themselves?

just did a e38 monday that had a bent shock bolt that once i removed it was cracked (broke with about 5# of force to side) that's sorta odd but the car was sagging about a inch on that side
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

TC535i Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jason
    I have H&R and bilstein sports. The rear shock mounts were replaced in late sept of 04. The left side appears to be the correct height, but the right it slightly lower. first insticnt is that its a spring... any other suggestions?
    Sit in the car... does the load level it out?

well...isnt the left side (driver side) suppose to be a little bit higher, and level out when you sit your fat butt in? - Twas what I was told, made sense to me.

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip

Default Amazing that you guys can tell im a fat a$$ just from my typing

Honestly though, im not sure if it does level out, I havent checked that becuase i didnt think it was an issue. I dont think it was the parking brake either, that didnt seem to change things...

Default Can I inspect this visually?

Can I inspect this visually?

Default I have the same thing on mine, but ...

Quote Originally Posted by liquidtiger720
    well...isnt the left side (driver side) suppose to be a little bit higher, and level out when you sit your fat butt in? - Twas what I was told, made sense to me.

I doubt even our bavarian brothers would have come up with something as wacky as an uneven looking prestigious car which they would then try to sell to customers by saying that it would level off once they got their fat-be-hinds in the drivers seat! Ha-ha, LOL ... boy, I would have paid good money to be in the showrooms to watch the scenes unfold!

Anyway, I asked the same question a while back and you can check out some of the replies from the link below. Now, not that I want to throw a spanner in the works, but the ride height on mine also sags on the rear right (by about 1.5cm) ... but I live in england with a rhd car, so I doubt it's a designed-in standard drivers-fat-be-hind-compensation feature of our cars. I've read some of you fellow bm-nuts say replacing the rear shocks didn't really solve the problem and I feel the jury is still out with regard to the possibility of sagging springs (why then does it only seem to affect the rear right ride height?). I don't have much personal experience with the affect of worn bushes or broken bolts etc. (which do make good sense), however if this lower rear right problem is a common issue with our cars internationally, then this could also point towards a chassis/suspension design fault ... no-matter how inconceivable the thought may be. Just some thoughts to share with you guys, as I would welcome a solution also. Take care!

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=3048

Regards,

Mas

95-525i manual rhd black

Confucius says, "War does not determine who's right. War determine who's left"

Just keep the fuel tank really low and it should even out =)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast