GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Toyota forum failed...need torque specs for strut change...

Default Toyota forum failed...need torque specs for strut change...

I'm getting ready to change struts on my wife's 1997 Camry. I posted a message on the Toyotanation Camry forum requesting the torque specs for the bolts/nuts I'll be removing to do the job. So far, no one has come through for me. Does anyone here happen to have this information? I am planning on changing all four struts and installing new front upper strut mounts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Grace and peace,

Robert K
    1991 535i

Default Front wheel lugs, 76 ft.lbs. 2 bolts/nuts holding strut to

steering knuckle 156 ft. lbs. bolt holding abs sensor and flexible hose clamp 22 ft. lbs. 3 nuts holding upper strut to body and also holding suspension supports number 2 .. 53ft.lbs. nut that goes on the end of the strut 36ft.lbs

Quote Originally Posted by Robert K
    I'm getting ready to change struts on my wife's 1997 Camry. I posted a message on the Toyotanation Camry forum requesting the torque specs for the bolts/nuts I'll be removing to do the job. So far, no one has come through for me. Does anyone here happen to have this information? I am planning on changing all four struts and installing new front upper strut mounts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Grace and peace,

Robert K
    1991 535i

man this forum is good for everything.

aw crap. bill beat me to this. i just put mitchell on demand domestic and import on this computer and was wondering if it was worth a snot, was going to look it up...
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Default When all other forums fail....this is the PLACE!

Thanks for your reply Bill and your willingness Ryan. I've posted questions on the Camry forum before and just never seem to really get any decent answers. After having been with this forum for quite a few years now, I have to admit I'm spoiled. But on that forum, it seems if you're not heavily modifying your Camry, no body's got time to answer your questions. This place is still the best! Thanks again. Now...can anybody here supply me a little motivation to get started on that strut swap???

Grace and peace,

Robert K
    1991 535i

Default Ryan what version do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by ryan roopnarine
    aw crap. bill beat me to this. i just put mitchell on demand domestic and import on this computer and was wondering if it was worth a snot, was going to look it up...

the one that still came on 18 data cds, the 2003. i'm not a mechanic so its not really intentioned for me, but i have it here to see what its capable of (as i've only looked through about 10 pages of a mitchell in a library). i told the guy that im playing with it for that he should hold off on the 2004 until he has a dvd burner and the knowledge to use it, those things are ungodly expensive and i doubt you could get a warez copy off the internet of the 2004s or newer to replace a damaged disc. he has no problem with the 2003 however, as he doesn't think he will get much business from cars still under warranty.
    Last edited by ryan roopnarine; 05-13-2005 at 09:58 AM.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

was going to ask you for a long time, bill...where do you buy the microfiche e34 cd from? i can't find them at central letter shop or koala. is it something i'd have to buy from the dealer. (cough they aren't on peer to peer cough) or i'd snag one from there for all my troubles trying to find one.

i looked at the interface "about",

says mitchell database version 1.500xxx, copyright 1998. so the interface might be the same, but im assuming the data is for newer vehicles.