GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: can any mechanical types explain the PCV system?

Default can any mechanical types explain the PCV system?

In my m60, how does the pvc plate work mechanically? shouldn't there be a fresh-air inlet into the crankcase somewhere too?

I understand the concept, i think. you're trying to relieve crankcase gases produced during combustion and the PVC plate regulates how they flow into the intake, correct?

it's a closed system in that the intake is inside of the intake plenum and is regulated by the diaphram so that the motor doesn't suck lotsa oil during high vacuum (but it does anyway due to the shitty design) when the diaphram fails it can ether suck oil directly from the crank case or suck outside air, or both

Quote Originally Posted by infinity5
    In my m60, how does the pvc plate work mechanically? shouldn't there be a fresh-air inlet into the crankcase somewhere too?

I understand the concept, i think. you're trying to relieve crankcase gases produced during combustion and the PVC plate regulates how they flow into the intake, correct?
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

hmmm! thanks.

So air both enters and exits that same metal pipe that leads from the PVC plate to the crankcase under the intake? i was thinking of cutting that pipe up and trying jon k's filter system and see if it grabs anything.

oh, and do you or bill or anyone know what that huge metal insert inside the intake manifold is? i assume its some kind of muffler maybe. except its sealed off.

of the 8 or 10 m60s i've done i can't remember any huge metal insert inside of the intake
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

some motors have a plastic tube running front to back inside of the intake to the center of the pcv plate