GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Need English User Manual for 535i German 1988

Default Need English User Manual for 535i German 1988

Hello,

I bought a 1988 535i last year and it ran (still runs) beautifully all winter. But as it was a German model the dealer didn't have an english users manual. He found one for a 7 series that is only so relevant. I have the HAYNES but it is a little dense and often says "Consult the owners manual"

The car is in rock solid shape (zero rust!) and I want to keep it for a long time. The only thing that is a little buggy is the computer system and the text readout. My grandmother is German so she translates the messages when they appear but sometimes some of the dials and data readouts don't appear, including the odometer and the the MPG dial.

Any body with an extra or unused owners manual I would gladly pay for it and/or shipping.

Let me know... How do I post an image of my car?

WJS

Quote Originally Posted by Escondar
    Any body with an extra or unused owners manual I would gladly pay for it and/or shipping.
    There is a scanned version online - I also have it locally and can e-mail it to you if you like (around 5 MB).

Let me know... How do I post an image of my car?
    You have to find free web-space on the net and upload pictures there, then post links to them in your post.
    BMW E34 528i, M52B28 + M50 manifold, Remus exhaust, ///M Parallel Spoke 18" rims

Thanks!
    If you were able to email me the owner's manual I would be greatly appreciative.
    silverback@hfx.eastlink.ca
    (The e-34 specialty website just taught me the answer to a question I was too embarrassed to ask: where is the battery?)

Default This link may help in the mean time.

Quote Originally Posted by Escondar
    Thanks!
    If you were able to email me the owner's manual I would be greatly appreciative.
    silverback@hfx.eastlink.ca
    (The e-34 specialty website just taught me the answer to a question I was too embarrassed to ask: where is the battery?)
    Sent.

All the pages are numbered so you can view the complete manual just by pressing PAGE DOWN in ACDSee or a similar picture viewer.
    BMW E34 528i, M52B28 + M50 manifold, Remus exhaust, ///M Parallel Spoke 18" rims

Thanks again!