GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: BMRPARTS.COM, HORRIBLE Customer Service

Default BMRPARTS.COM, HORRIBLE Customer Service

I ordered some parts two weeks ago and they told me it would take 7-10 days for me to receive them. They charged my cc the day i ordered. So two weeks past by and NO PARTS. i call and they tell me that they don't have all the parts. Here is the dialogue,

Me: why did the sales guy tell me 7-10 days if you don't even have the parts?

Salesguy: well we make an educated guess

Me: educated guess? don't you have a database?

Salesguy: no, we store everything in our heads.

Me: Don't you have about 600 cars? you store everything in your head?

Salesguy: yeah, we have about 100,000 parts and about 2,000 of those parts are common and most reordered. So we just store it in our head and take a guess as to whether or not the part is in our inventory.

WHAT A JOKE!!!! get with the times man, go buy MS Access or some other database, it isn't hard. Every other parts store has some sort of DB. These people are the worst. They never even called me to tell me the parts were not shipped, i had to call them to find out.

inventory software doesn't allways work that great and can cause it's own problems if not kept up with by one person, **** does happen and if you've never run a parts store it's a whole new kind of experence, i've never delt with bma but i guess they are not that different from our store
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

most people here use
    http://www.bmaautoparts.com/
    the prices are good on most items and they ship pretty fast.
    if you use their website to order put "DOT INFO" in the comments section for a little off the total price, if you call your order you get the discount automaticly. To make things go faster simply get all your part numbers in advance.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

yep, go with BMA!!

I ordered a fan clutch from BMA yesterday around 10:30am yesterday. Free shipping over $50.00 online order. Box arrived this morning around 9:30am. GO BMA!

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

Default before you guys start throwing vendor names at Ronn227

...I believe he was looking to buy USED parts.

And Ronn227...you may want to add that to your post (or verify it) because it is NOT obvious that you were ordering "used parts". Most of us on these boards like to pitch in and help where we can...so our first reaction is to "hook" you up with someone we feel is reputable ...so to keep from getting lots of "new part" vendors thrown at you...reveal the rest of the story.
    Q
    95 525iT / 97 740iL

hmm...isnt new stuff better? Guess it matters what it is.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Default Yup...How many times have you chased a part

Have you called a local parts place for something, and they say "ya, I got one in stock"

You run down and the guy is standing there with his thumb up his arse looking for it, then says "I show one on the system, but can't find on my self".

Then...tells you.

My other store 15 miles away also shows one in stock....ya wanna go there? Oh wait let me call the warehouse!

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

bmr parts aren't that bad. You do have to wait a while for the parts, however their email service exceeds 80% of business' I have dealt with in Australia. Their used parts are a lot cheaper than new, a lot cheaper than anything in Australia.

BMA's email service is awesome. I often get email replies at the most 24 hours after sending. This company is unbeatable I don't think I'm the only one here of the same opinion.

i tried another and they still didnt send the order...been 2 weeks. 100 bux savings is a 100 bux but you have to wait.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy