GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Hubcentric rings?

Default Hubcentric rings?

Do I need hubcentric rings for these wheels. They were on the car when I bought it. I think they are e38 16" wheels. I am getting a thumping vibration from the rear wheels more often when cold, and goes away. I have had the wheels balanced twice (two different shops) its Better but not gone.
    Any suggestions.

Also just installed a EAT chip yesterday. That thing is awesome. I only wish it came with instructions or had instructions on the website. I used the ones on Turner Motorsport. Same process

Thanks,

Aaron
    Attached Images Attached Images   

the tire vibration could simply be flat spots, its more common than I ever thought! Since you say it goes away It's something you live with. It usually gets better as the tires age a bit.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

no rings needed, same hub bore. You may have a flat spot or some sort of defect in the tire. Most people find the offset a little bit too positive and they run 3mm spacers on the front. Check and see if the front tire is rubbing on the strut assemby

A thump/bump as the tire rotates is usually a flat spot or out of round. If it's noticeable when you first start off in the morning, then goes away as you drive, flat spot is the likely suspect. Parking overnight flattens that spot of the tire, then driving flexes the whole tire and works it back to round. Be sure to keep tire pressure up--I use 35 psi.

Thanks,

I suspected tire flat spot. The tires are conti. I run 35psi but went up in stages to 40ps and it did seem to reduce the issue. But with summer approching I did not want to run to high PSI as the heat tires take here in Phoenix is brutal.

Yes the strut dose appear to sliglty rub, nut much just keeps the dirt off. I was thinking about a 1/8" spacer (approx 3mm) but the lame lug bolt instead of studs set up on the BMW has kept me from wanting to wrestle that thing in each time the wheel goes on and off.

Thanks,

Aaron