GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Water between hood and hood liner

Default Water between hood and hood liner

'89 525, when hood raised after a good rain, has water running from front of hood between hood and liner. Had this one six weeks. Have had another for seven years but never this happening. What the heck??

sure its not a loose hose for the wiper squirters?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Default Yup....sounds kinda familiar.....

Yes, I had a soggy hood insulation problem and actually found out in the reverse manner. I'd give the windshield a few squirts but it would never make it to the glass. I thought for a while that it was a bad pump, or a clogged nozzle, or a crimped hose, but it was really just that the hose had come loose from the "Y" connector that sends the liquid to the different nozzles. The more I squirted to see if it worked, the more I was soaking the pad. DOH!

I finally just lowered the insulation pad by unscrewing the dozen or so black plastic screw-keeper-thingees along each side and up the center. It was pretty obvious what the problem was at that point. Even for me.

I hope yours is as easy of a fix as mine was!

Brian C.
    There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept. -
    .............Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Brian C.
    Yes, I had a soggy hood insulation problem and actually found out in the reverse manner. I'd give the windshield a few squirts but it would never make it to the glass. I thought for a while that it was a bad pump, or a clogged nozzle, or a crimped hose, but it was really just that the hose had come loose from the "Y" connector that sends the liquid to the different nozzles. The more I squirted to see if it worked, the more I was soaking the pad. DOH!

I finally just lowered the insulation pad by unscrewing the dozen or so black plastic screw-keeper-thingees along each side and up the center. It was pretty obvious what the problem was at that point. Even for me.

I hope yours is as easy of a fix as mine was!

Brian C.
    Yup had the same problem on my e30. The T-Adapter thing has a check valve that, if your nozzles make to much pressure/resistance, they'll trigger the valve (which unfortunately is a PERMINANT thing...) and it'll squirt wiper fluid all over the inside of your hood!