GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keyed Today.... ($#$@#%)

Default Keyed Today.... ($#$@#%)

Well, it had to happen - someone finally got me - one key mark so the white shows and a few shallow swirls. Could (and probably will) be worse.

Most of them buffed out ok, but you can still see something was there. It did make me want to get out the clay bar in a few weeks.

Just annoying that people can't leave other people's property alone.
    dave b
    93 525i
    156k +

Quote Originally Posted by dave b
    Well, it had to happen - someone finally got me - one key mark so the white shows and a few shallow swirls. Could (and probably will) be worse.

Most of them buffed out ok, but you can still see something was there. It did make me want to get out the clay bar in a few weeks.

I figure its penis envy.
    I have 5 dents (one through the paint) in my doors from dropkicks at the local shopping mall.
    2 nights ago I went to get some milk, took the oldest son with me, he stayed in the car. When I get back he says some guy push his trolley into a pack of 5 others and 3 came down the carpark and hit our car. He just got in his car and drove away.

Last night I go to pick up my boys from school, and I have this guy so far up my backside I wished I had an automatic boot lid opener, just to let him through. I moved to the next lane when it was available and he drives past with his hand on the horn, and I was travelling at 10kph over the speed limit as it was.
    Someone sent me the episode from Malcolm in the Middle when the mum gets road rage in the carpark, LMAO.

I had some idiot at work open her door and nail my car. I go out to lunch and see green paint...I look at her Honda and see green. I'm sitting at my desk when she says "they must pay you a lot, is that your BMW?". I say "yes it is, why?". "I just bought a Honda, wish I would have gotten a BMW instead". I'm thinking that BMW doesn't make a car that could hold her mass. Anyway...I'm thinking Honda....so I ask "the green one? 30 day tags?" "Yes" "The one that has the silver on the door from where it hit my bmw?". She says "did I do that". I said "there is only one car parked next to me and the paint matches". She says she's sorry and that she meant to ask around about it. Uh huh.

The next day...and I had only been on the job for 2 days...she asks me for help, training her staff on a new application. I tell her that she is responsible for training since the app is hers and I don't know their workflow but I will provide support to make sure it runs. She says "I was hoping you'd do me the favor....". I hold up my hand and say "like you did by admitting you nailed my car?". Bitch.

Luckily this door ding almost buffed out...not quite deep enough for one of those dent kits. Sucks, since I've made it 2.5 years with no damage.

Sorry to hear it. Such a thing can make you very angry... I especially hate things that I can't fix myself, like bodywork. Will your insurance cover it?
    Robin

72 Chevy K10
    01 E39 M5

Quote Originally Posted by Robin-535im
    Sorry to hear it. Such a thing can make you very angry... I especially hate things that I can't fix myself, like bodywork. Will your insurance cover it?
    I'm sure AAA would cover it, but I thought I'd wait until all the body panels get hit, then get the whole car redone.

Actually, I work in a pretty bad area, so the more work I put in under the hood, and the less I put on the outside, the better. The car's 12 years old with 150k on the clock, so I'm focused more on the mechanics than the exterior. I'd like to get 300k out of this car.

Whenever anyone calls my car nice and expensive, I just kind of smile at their ignorance. I have no idea what "car payments" are.
    dave b
    93 525i
    156k +

Whenever anyone calls my car nice and expensive, I just kind of smile at their ignorance. I have no idea what "car payments" are.
    I hear ya! I especially like when someone in my church mentions my BMW and says "we must be paying you well." I think to myself how my car cost me less than 1/6 of the price of that brand new Chevy Trailblazer you're driving! It really is amazing. I get more of those comments about my 14 yr old bimmer than when I drive my wife's BRAND NEW Honda CRV!

Sorry about the keying, some people are just idiots. I would love to have the security system that's on James Bond's 7 series in Tomorrow Never Dies. That way the key-er gets a face full of tear gas!!!
    -ashley

'92 525iA / 179k miles / Born 3.92 / ABS / No ASC / stock / North Carolina

Paper Gaskets Suck!

Default I feel your pain.

My car has been keyed twice in the last 2 months and only when I've just cleaned it and its shiny. I cant stand it. I've had kebabs thrown all over it and all sorts.

I would love to catch them doing it but I fear I would probably go to prison.

Rich

A couple years ago, I actually parked my car in front of my dorm at college. For a whole year.

Amazingly, it suffered only one keying - and it wasn't too bad. It was light enough that I try and tell myself it was probably just someone squeezing past my car with a metal pocket button or something, but it went all the way down my rear fender. I bought some of that paint-matching 'scratch covering' turtle-wax junk, and it at least tinted the white scratch a bit darker. Not noticeable unless you knew it was there.

Then, a little less than a year later, someone backed into me in the parking lot. Just a small dent underneath the rear tail light. When I got it fixed, the body shop just blended onto the keyed fender.

So, with insurance - two wrongs made a right.

It sucked so bad when I first noticed it, though. God, I was ready to kill people...
    Last edited by Mobius; 05-05-2005 at 09:40 AM.

Default My favorite topic. I hate dents and such...

I used to live in a condo and one of my neighbor's old-beat-up, some kind of eurovan that had all the paint faded away, parked next to my car. From the appearance of this vehicle I knew I was in trouble, and thought 'I'm gonna see some dents emerging with time pretty soon.' This guy used parked so close to a wall on the driver side, he had to get in and out of his piece of **** from the passengers side. Guess what? My car was parked on the passenger side of his friggin ride. Anyway, he had put in a small dent on the drivers front fender in a couple of months. One morning, I'm working on my car and the guy decides to come over and chat. To my surprise, he turned out to be a holy-roller and started preaching (nothing wrong with that though.) We debated a bit, I talked about cars and dents indirectly, hoping that he would catch my drift. Well, a month later I notice another small dent on the same fender. I fuming... Didn't want to talk to him cause I was afraid he would put more dents in out of spite. So I bought some thick black felt material, and made a shield out of it, and covered each side (the entire length) of the car with this stuff. It looked mighty ugly but looked like a good dent stopper. I held these pieces in place with some nylon rope that went around the car. Then I draped the car with $50 car cover from Wal-Mart and I was good to go. Never saw a dent form again from this guy... just sharing an experience. Later he moved and I was a happy camper. Then some asswipe stole the car cover, uncovering the ugliness... then I moved to a house and no more problems with dents.

ahhh good a rant forum.

Parked my car in front of one of my favorite restraurant/bars only to discover later that someone had thrown an empty bottle of tequila at the driver's side rear door.

Parked at The Home Depot parking lot. Drove home and noticed that someone backed into the driver's side fender. Nice softball size dent was my reward for not going to Lowe's.

Not to mention the deer that ruined my front bumper or the moron who rear ended me.

Arrgghh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast