GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keyless Entry and the E34, yes/no?

Default Connector Picture

The keyless sytem I bought was to be connected to a 12-pin connector like this picture, located under th rear seat - passenger (Right) side.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

Quote Originally Posted by epj3
    My 1989 535im has a viper alarm system, which actually works EXTREMELY well.
    epj3
    I'm curious, Does your full closure system still work? In other words, when you hold the key in the lock position, do the windows and sunroof close

Quote Originally Posted by uscharalph
    epj3
    I'm curious, Does your full closure system still work? In other words, when you hold the key in the lock position, do the windows and sunroof close
    Nope, the only way that works is with the key in the door. My friends e36 viper remote DOES close the windows. I really do wish mine would! I'm sure there is a way...

The keyless sytem I bought was to be connected to a 12-pin connector like this picture, located under th rear seat - passenger (Right) side.
    I think I have that connector mine is below the black battery cable, it has a couple of wires already going into it but doesnt look like as many as yours, what keyless entry system did you use that went into this connector?

Quote Originally Posted by epj3
    Nope, the only way that works is with the key in the door. My friends e36 viper remote DOES close the windows. I really do wish mine would! I'm sure there is a way...
    The system I bought and am installing has am optional window module. Maybe yours does too.

Default Plug In Keyless Sytem

I bought it on eBay, it looks like this. Make sure you have the right connector if you're also getting one. The connector it's going to will be used (it won't be empty).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Ok I have that connector, now can I just go out and buy any keyless entry and it will hook right up into that connector? or what is the install procedure, I looked at the write up on bmwe34.net but it was a little confusing and long winded.

I had an aftermarket keyless system installed on my '90 535 for about $100 bucks and has two remotes. The connection was made under the driver's kick panel, I believe. The system could be hooked up with additional options, but all I wanted was lock and unlock. No lights, horns or windows going up and down. I am happy with it.

I have a rattler 110D keyless entry system with no manuals or "access codes".. soo I haven't installed it yet because I can't access their DIY website.. Does anybody know which wires I will need to tap into to do keyless entry ?

Quote Originally Posted by JonE
    I had an aftermarket keyless system installed on my '90 535 for about $100 bucks and has two remotes. The connection was made under the driver's kick panel, I believe. The system could be hooked up with additional options, but all I wanted was lock and unlock. No lights, horns or windows going up and down. I am happy with it.
    Yeah I decided to go get a Valet 712t keyless entry, cost was $120 installed, dont have to worry about messing up the wiring

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12