GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mille Miglia 16" wheels, Offset questions / Opinions

Default Mille Miglia 16" wheels, Offset questions / Opinions

PICTURE UPDATE

Hmmm what next??
    Last edited by an535i; 05-06-2005 at 02:32 PM.

i hate the design of those wheels but love the look. I bent teh crap out of mine as they aren't forged or anything. they make the car look amazing though.

1995 540iA M-Sport - 76k miles. 1 of 1 auto AW3 cars.
    1995 540i/6 - Misc Parts donor for above.

Default Had 'em. Liked the way they looked

If memory serves, they were 16x8, 15mm offset.

Here's how they looked on my Glacier Blue '90 535iM

Here's a close-up

Drew Zacharda

6-speed Touring

Quote Originally Posted by an535i
    Pictures coming soon but I borrowed this one for example :

I believe these are the same wheels I have, 16x7 "first edition" style Mille Miglia.. mine came off another e34 but I am still wondering about the fitment / offset. They are ET 25 and seem to stick out a tad more than my last set of 18" Hamann's.. Will this cause the suspension to wear out prematurely or any handling problems? Anybody with these wheels have any opinions / horror stories?

thanks in advance,
    deke
    Last edited by DrewZ; 05-03-2005 at 07:49 PM. Reason: just cuz
    Drew Z
    Formerly 540iT/6, now . . . 3, 5, 7

OMG, that car is absolutlely hideous. The white one. No taste whatsoever. I wouldn't be caught dead in it.

But they are 16 x 7.5 though, not 8 I'm pretty sure. Offset? not sure. They look good though. Heavy for 16s though. If ANYONE ever finds a set of these in 17" let me know. I want them bad. Or Rac Dyn RGQs.

No unusual suspension wear issues though. Had the whole front suspension re done at about 80K, had the wheels since about 68K. Now at 110K.
    Last edited by Alan_525i; 05-03-2005 at 07:57 PM.

Default I think Drew is right...

An ET of 25 would actually set the tires IN, not OUT. The standard E34 offset is ET20. I know that when you put 16" x 8" ET23 wheels off of a 7 series on an E34, the tires can tend to rub the struts. With an ET of 25, I'm sure they'd rub. Therefore, I agree with Drew. I believe the Mille Miglia MM11 wheels you want are 16" x 8" with ET15. If you want an official answer, go to the link below which is the Roadfly wheel and tire forum hosted by Tirerack. Just post your question there and Jim from the Tirerack will give you the straight scoop.

Grace and peace,

Robert K
    1991 535i

http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/wheels/

Quote Originally Posted by bimmerd00d
    i hate the design of those wheels but love the look. I bent teh crap out of mine as they aren't forged or anything. they make the car look amazing though.

Ya im liking the look, but unfortantely one of my wheels is bent
    And i just dropped 175$ on 2 new tires to find that info out..
    Tech said that one wheel had some real slight bend in it. Unfortantely it is more than enough to cause wobbles at over 40mph and probably has already toasted my "thrust arms" in under 10 miles. What options do i have? How much would it cost to straighten the wheel? Would it help to move the bent wheel to the back? Can i use the spare 15" wheel in the meantime?

Thanks!!
    Last edited by an535i; 05-04-2005 at 05:17 PM.

Tech said that one wheel had some real slight bend in it. Unfortantely it is more than enough to cause wobbles at over 40mph and probably has already toasted my "thrust arms" in under 10 miles. What options do i have? How much would it cost to straighten the wheel? Would it help to move the bent wheel to the back? Can i use the spare 15" wheel in the meantime?

Thanks!!
    There's a place online, i believe it's www.wheelexchange.com or www.wheelsamerica.com that will straighten for around $100 a wheel, flat rate.
    1995 540iA M-Sport - 76k miles. 1 of 1 auto AW3 cars.
    1995 540i/6 - Misc Parts donor for above.

Hello,

I was able to find a local wheel repair shop that will straighten it to within .0030 in. So for now I am driving with my stock 15" basketweeves (ET 20) up front !! and the 16" Miglia 5 spoke which is a ET 15 so its a little bit further out in the rear.. NOW im STAGGERED ! OH YA :P

Its unfortanute I cannot stick with this combination because of the aesthetics. Its my opinion that with this wheel setup, my car corners better than ever before. I wish there was a way I could stagger the miglias... or maybe ill just keep it like this

peace,
    Last edited by an535i; 05-06-2005 at 01:18 AM.

Thanks!!
    If you have a Discount Tire in your area, they usually have deal with a local, reputable wheel straightener. I have 17" ones on my car and bent the right rear one 2 months ago on a nasty Dallas pothole. As was mentioned, they aren't forged, are heavy and bend easier, but look awesome.

Mine couldn't be fixed and I'm still waiting as they are back-ordered at Tire Rack -- who seem to be the only company importing as far as I can tell.

I use my 15" spare w/ no issues because the 17's are plus-2 w/ 45 tires so the rolling diameter is essentially the same.
    Last edited by DallasBill; 05-06-2005 at 09:16 AM.
    ...Bill

Last edited by an535i; 05-06-2005 at 02:30 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast