GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: man those are some cleannn valves

Default man those are some cleannn valves

Just got my intake off.

The valves are sooo very clean if i had a digital i'd post pics.. but seriously.. they shine like new, everyone one of them. hehehe.

The only issue is that during the disassembly, a lot of debris (sand, dirt, grease) fell into the intake ports and is sitting ontop of the valves laughing at me.

what can i use to flush it off the tops of the vales? I know its horrible that i let sand get in there, but theres nothing i can do about it and theres no way i could have kept the intake ports covered and taken the intake off all at the same time.

I was thinking of just flushing WD-40 in there. compressed air isn't powerful enough, not to mention i dont have acess to it.

i might try long q-tips and just painstakingly clean the top of all 16 valves.. although there still might be stuff left i can't get rid of.

carb cleaner maybe?

use whatever mechanical cleaning method you want, ie wd40 and qtips or carb cleaner and qtips, and finish off with canned computer/electronic parts compressed air if you have another car to go to the store with.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

sounds like a plan, didn't think of carb cleaner

thanks

Default YOU don't want to use a spray carb cleaner or anything like that since it

will tend to wash the grit down into the cylinders instead.... And some of the valves are open right now into the cylinders. Instead take a shop vacum and rig up a small vacum type hose to the nozzle on the vacum, I use duct tape around the nozzle to fasten a fuel line or vacum line to it, then use the small hose you have made to suck out as much debris as possible. Then use long q tips or the long foam qtips that they make for video recorder head cleaning and moisten those with some cleaner and wipe out as much of the remaining dirt as you can.... I usually vacum around any areas like this before i pull the manifold if theres much visible sand and dirt..
    (I really hate the way the older nissan v6 motors have the spark plug holes situated so that if you don't vacum them out every time a ton of dirt falls in the cylinder when you pull the plugs...)

Quote Originally Posted by infinity5
    Just got my intake off.

The valves are sooo very clean if i had a digital i'd post pics.. but seriously.. they shine like new, everyone one of them. hehehe.

The only issue is that during the disassembly, a lot of debris (sand, dirt, grease) fell into the intake ports and is sitting ontop of the valves laughing at me.

what can i use to flush it off the tops of the vales? I know its horrible that i let sand get in there, but theres nothing i can do about it and theres no way i could have kept the intake ports covered and taken the intake off all at the same time.

I was thinking of just flushing WD-40 in there. compressed air isn't powerful enough, not to mention i dont have acess to it.

i might try long q-tips and just painstakingly clean the top of all 16 valves.. although there still might be stuff left i can't get rid of.