GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Drivers Side Window Issue, Again!

Default Drivers Side Window Issue, Again!

Last week I fixed my drivers side window by replacing the plactic piece that sit in the track and greasing everything up. The window worked great for 1 day and then nothing. It doesn't sound like it fell out or anything it sounds electrical this time. When I hit the window switch to roll it down it does nothing. If you listen real close it sounds like a little clicking sound when you first hit the switch like it wants to roll down and then nothing. Got any ideas???? I need to get this solved ASAP!
    Thanks!
    95 BMW 525i
    Loveland, CO. USA

Default Hey This is my problem also, Help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wishihad50k
    Last week I fixed my drivers side window by replacing the plactic piece that sit in the track and greasing everything up. The window worked great for 1 day and then nothing. It doesn't sound like it fell out or anything it sounds electrical this time. When I hit the window switch to roll it down it does nothing. If you listen real close it sounds like a little clicking sound when you first hit the switch like it wants to roll down and then nothing. Got any ideas???? I need to get this solved ASAP!
    Thanks!
    Help people! I don't want the stealer to get me (and my pretty dog too...)

Scott
    1995 540ia

Could it be a relay? Or something that got unpluged during the first fix?
    95 BMW 525i
    Loveland, CO. USA

I really need help with this. I am trying to sell the car and it seems as if this is going to be a deal breaker. I took the door pannel off again today and noticed that the window motor is very HOT to the touch. I also noticed that the motor sounds like its trying to work but something is stoping it. Is it possible that the regulator is binding up? If so how do I fix it? My gut tells me that if the motor was going to go out that it would have done to slowly not all at once when its all the way up. What else could bind up? A new regulator is about $100 from the local bmw shop so if possible I need to try all my options first! Thanks a lot guys!

Ian
    95 BMW 525i
    Loveland, CO. USA

Wishi or whatever your name is, try holding the switch and slamming the door closed a couple times, sometimes it will get stuff working again. If the motors hot maybe something IS binding, try to lift or push down on the glass to see if it isnt stuck.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy