GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Bmw (525tds)'95---sunroof stopped working...

Default Bmw (525tds)'95---sunroof stopped working...

I have a bmw 525 tds stationwagon with a double sunroof.... everything was working fine, until i installed a carcomputer in the car...when attaching the pos. and neg. wires to the battery, the interior lights came on and off...since then the sunroof does not work anymore...when i slide the button to the front or the back to open one of the two sunroofs, it does nothing (not even a click underneath the backseat)...when i push the button (to close the sunroofs), i hear a click and the motor turns for a fraction of a second... anybody any ideas...thanx in advance

did you check the fuses with an ohm meter? I popped a fuse installing my V1 and freaked when nothing worked. was just a popped fuse.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

hi, thanx for the quick reply...i am not very technical, so i don't know how to use a ohm-meter
    could you explain what fuse i am looking for (is it underneath the hood or the seat)
    also, is there a relay that could be broken....(if so, could you also tell me where it is at)

thanx a lot

look under the bonnet on the rhs near the firewall looking at the car from the front and you will see the fuse box,there is a label showing fuse numbers and circuits,if you just replace any fuses for the sunroof with new ones(you can keep them as spares if they make no difference).
    Gone but not forgotten

do a search here at at a couple of the other sites.

I had a problem with my dual sunroof and the solution was as simple as holding the switch in a position for 20 sec (closed I think) it it reset.

This was after a dealer looked at it and said that they had no idea and it would be to expensive to diagnose.

Good Luck.....Bill