GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: OT- Going to Toronto/Niagara Falls area this fall

Default OT- Going to Toronto/Niagara Falls area this fall

Hey Guys,

This August my wife and I will attend a wedding in NY. We figured that while we up there we would head to Niagara Falls and the Toronto area.

We're trying to plan the specifics and wondered what should we see or do while we're in Toronto.

Are they're any special attractions/events that we should be sure to check out?

Thanks,
    ashley

'92 525iA / 179k miles / Born 3.92 / ABS / No ASC / stock / North Carolina

Paper Gaskets Suck!

95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Given my nick, I believe I am qualified to give an opinion on this... :-)

There is a lot to do in Toronto, I do mean a LOT.

The first thing you need to know is that Downtown Toronto is very very very safe. A lot of tourists come here and stay in the suburbs thinking it is safer... in fact the opposite is true here. I strongly recommend that you stay in the downtown core so you can fully enjoy the city.

If you prefer to stay further out, you can leave the car behind and take the GO Train (www.gotransit.com), or take the subway/streetcars http://www.city.toronto.on.ca/ttc/. These have day passes that you can buy for unlimited use. The transit here is great and is easy to navigate.

Check out www.toronto.com and www.nowtoronto.com . These sites have listings of activities big and small on a daily basis.

Toronto has a theater district similar to New York - if you like that kind of thing there's lots of it here. Try www.mirvish.com for some ideas... there are others as well.

If you are into clubbing til the wee hours, check out the entertainment district. Everything from Deep House and PsyTrance to Country and Western.

If you're into culture, museums, etc check out this link. http://citypass.com/city/toronto.html there's a deal on a citypass that gets you into several attractions for one price.

If you like to try varied foods, Toronto has lots. Because Toronto is very very multicultural there are tons of authentic ethnic restaurants here - everything from Hungarian to South American.

The standard tourist spots are (no particular order):

1. CN Tower
    2. Spadina Avenue - Chinatown
    3. Yonge Street (longest street in the world)
    4. Center Island (nice boat ride out to the islands from downtown)
    5. King Street
    6. Royal Ontario Museum
    7. Art Gallery of Ontario
    8. Casa Loma (An actual Castle in the city)

If you're here the first week of August there is Caribana... the largest celebration of West Indian culture in the world. It is INSANE! Huge street party and parade.

There's also some sort of deal here where you can get a bundled price on the hotel and a show. Check the web for details.

If you need any assistance planning, just let me know and I'll try to hook you up.

Best Regards!
    Last edited by talltorontoguy; 04-28-2005 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Forgot one thing
    01 740i sport
    92 535i
    92 525 touring
    88 325ic

AND prostitutes are legal!
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Default Good Post TallTorontoGuy! Could not have said it better myself!

We do have a beautiful city that many envy!

Quote Originally Posted by talltorontoguy
    Given my nick, I believe I am qualified to give an opinion on this... :-)

There is a lot to do in Toronto, I do mean a LOT.

The first thing you need to know is that Downtown Toronto is very very very safe. A lot of tourists come here and stay in the suburbs thinking it is safer... in fact the opposite is true here. I strongly recommend that you stay in the downtown core so you can fully enjoy the city.

If you prefer to stay further out, you can leave the car behind and take the GO Train (www.gotransit.com), or take the subway/streetcars http://www.city.toronto.on.ca/ttc/. These have day passes that you can buy for unlimited use. The transit here is great and is easy to navigate.

Check out www.toronto.com and www.nowtoronto.com . These sites have listings of activities big and small on a daily basis.

Toronto has a theater district similar to New York - if you like that kind of thing there's lots of it here. Try www.mirvish.com for some ideas... there are others as well.

If you are into clubbing til the wee hours, check out the entertainment district. Everything from Deep House and PsyTrance to Country and Western.

If you're into culture, museums, etc check out this link. http://citypass.com/city/toronto.html there's a deal on a citypass that gets you into several attractions for one price.

If you like to try varied foods, Toronto has lots. Because Toronto is very very multicultural there are tons of authentic ethnic restaurants here - everything from Hungarian to South American.

The standard tourist spots are (no particular order):

1. CN Tower
    2. Spadina Avenue - Chinatown
    3. Yonge Street (longest street in the world)
    4. Center Island (nice boat ride out to the islands from downtown)
    5. King Street
    6. Royal Ontario Museum
    7. Art Gallery of Ontario
    8. Casa Loma (An actual Castle in the city)

If you're here the first week of August there is Caribana... the largest celebration of West Indian culture in the world. It is INSANE! Huge street party and parade.

There's also some sort of deal here where you can get a bundled price on the hotel and a show. Check the web for details.

If you need any assistance planning, just let me know and I'll try to hook you up.

Best Regards!

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    AND prostitutes are legal!
    You only wish! They aren't.

Default Hmm....

Thants not what they told me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanfb
    You only wish! They aren't.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

Default It is true!

Prostitution is legal though 'communicating for the purposes of prostitution' is illegal. So if you need one do it silently or through some sort of mind control. As someone who lived in TO for may years, I found this to be one of the loopier laws on the books. Never tried it though. Good luck if you need one. Let me know if you need to know where to look.

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    Thants not what they told me.

Thanks for info Rod!

Sry for the delay been out of town a bit. We're really looking forward to the trip. I think we may end staying in the Selby or Midtown area. I can't wait to show her the CN Tower (she HATES elevators), and heading to some of the 5 big neighborhoods that the Toronto Tourism site lists. Any ideas for neat things to see that are off the beaten path?

-ashley

'92 525iA / 179k miles / Born 3.92 / ABS / No ASC / stock / North Carolina

Paper Gaskets Suck!