GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: remote alarm batteries

Default remote alarm batteries

i have a 1995 525SE auto (orient blue with silver grey leather) with factory fitted remote alarm. alarm works fine but the batteries in both keys only last 2 or 3 months, everyone tells me they should last 2 years ! what is the problem ? i have to always carry the spare key in case the other goes flat.

Default we need more info...

First, there are many different kinds of key/remotes. Second, there's a difference between what typs of keyless entry systems that were installed based on your geographical location.

The way you write your model number...sounds like you may be on the east side of the Atlantic Ocean...soooo we may not have a grasp of what kind of remote you have.

Do you have a pic you can post...or can you describe it or give us the item it is in the key diagram from the online parts database?

Click this link to go to the online parts database to see the keys available (i had to use my 95 525iT as an example)
    Q
    95 525iT / 97 740iL

you're right qsilver7, i'm in southampton,england. the keys look like item 7 in your parts diagram link as they have 2 buttons, square to unlock and circle to lock. each key takes 2 panasonic CR2016 3V batteries, if that helps?

Default Hmmm, well the first question that comes to mind is...

Quote Originally Posted by bun525sea
    you're right qsilver7, i'm in southampton,england. the keys look like item 7 in your parts diagram link as they have 2 buttons, square to unlock and circle to lock. each key takes 2 panasonic CR2016 3V batteries, if that helps?
    ...do you carry the key in your pocket? If yes, could it be that the buttons are being compressed while you are sitting or moving around thus unbeknownst to you, expending the battery's life? A solution would be to rest your key in a place where the buttons can't be pressed, like on a ring attached to your belt loop. I would give other suggestions but don't know if you're male or female.
    Q
    95 525iT / 97 740iL