GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Will style 5s from an E39 fit my E34....?

Default Will style 5s from an E39 fit my E34....?

or will I need rings, what size? thanks - Rob.

Yes.... You will need rings too. Not sure of the size/price.

Bryan
    94 540iA w/ EAT
    97 740iL (SOLD!)
    99 Discovery II

Fritz rocks them right now

Part number #A670 @ Tire Rack...the good aluminum kind (don't get plastic). Four cost ~ $20 with shipping.

Rob - what ever happened with your suspension? I remember you PM'ed me about the sachs kit...did you end up buying one?

Best, whit

EDIT: ANY e39 wheel will fit with the hubcentrics.
    Last edited by Kalevera; 04-27-2005 at 02:55 PM.

Was in e-mail dialog w/phlmotorsports over vogtland springs and wheels, but hasn't replied lately.... the vogtland springs are about $225 and can use stock boge inserts, which my fronts are fairly new - so would only replace the rears... total comes to a lot less than the full sachs kit... looking like i'll go w/the sachs... funny thing is $ isn't a prob, it's the time to install - have none and almost refuse to pay through the nose (even to an indy) when I think I can install it myself!

However, I just finished colorplusing my dash and door panels... how fresh and new they look. now for the seats. can do that in an afternoon w/minimal tools. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by lowell
    Fritz rocks them right now

Part number #A670 @ Tire Rack...the good aluminum kind (don't get plastic). Four cost ~ $20 with shipping.

Rob - what ever happened with your suspension? I remember you PM'ed me about the sachs kit...did you end up buying one?

Best, whit

EDIT: ANY e39 wheel will fit with the hubcentrics.

Wow?! colorplus only takes a day?!!? I needed a week to leatherique mine (and my DS didn't come out all that great in the end, anyway).

Post some pics?? - I'm increasingly interested in the colorplus vs. leatherique debate.

Vogtland's a great idea. I'd love to try a set of those out sometime. But, I really do enjoy the Sachs kit, and I'm sure you'd be able to get it on in a saturday afternoon.

best, whit

Quote Originally Posted by RobPatt
    Was in e-mail dialog w/phlmotorsports over vogtland springs and wheels, but hasn't replied lately.... the vogtland springs are about $225 and can use stock boge inserts, which my fronts are fairly new - so would only replace the rears... total comes to a lot less than the full sachs kit... looking like i'll go w/the sachs... funny thing is $ isn't a prob, it's the time to install - have none and almost refuse to pay through the nose (even to an indy) when I think I can install it myself!

However, I just finished colorplusing my dash and door panels... how fresh and new they look. now for the seats. can do that in an afternoon w/minimal tools. :-)

I did reply Mon, 18 Apr 2005 22:40:56
    Can you shoot me current prices for:
    >> > - Vogtland springs (4)>>>> $225 delivered
    >> > - appropriate Boge shocks/strut insets (4)>>>
    >From $360 and up, depending on build date
    >> > - oem style 32 wheels you listed a few days ago
    >> for $790>>>> that is correct
    >> > - ditto for the style 5s >>>>> $960
    >> > I'm not sold yet on a suspension setup yet, but
    >> am sold on either of those wheel styles...
    >> >
    >> > - Do you have other tire choices w/little more
    >> treadlife/quiter ride than the toyo ts1s? (conti
    >> sport contact 2?) >>>>>I offer Conti, Pirelli,
    >Dunlop, Goorich, Nitto Toyo, Yokohama, Bridgestone,
    >and Goodyear......oh I also offer Falken, Hankook, and Michelin, but only sell tires
    >with rims.

I don't know if the style 5s are still in stock, or what the current price may be. Like everyting else in this world, the market changes due to supply&demand. I did confirm that the style 32 wheels are in stock; staggered ony. As for the suspension, I woud sell you the springs, and recommend you get the Boges, bump stops, and misc hardware from FPC Groton on the east coast, or if you live on the left coast buy from Shox or BMA.

dash and door panels.... not the leather.
    washed them early morning w/TSP (?) (some supercleaner w/no residue stuff) rinsed very very well, set out in sun until noon... sprayed (misted) dove grey dye on pieces... let dry few hours in sun, good to go.

disassembly/reassembly of dash & door panels took the time. didn't do top of dash, just entire center console, glove box, panel under steering wheel, and 4 door panels...

for the seats i'd wipe lacquire remover on them a bit, light sand, wipe, then oil......let oil stay a few days (plastic bag over seat to drive)... on dye day wipe clean w/lacquer remover, let dry real well, light sand, light wipe, and dye. think i could get that done on 2 fronts in a day (6am-8pm or so....)

then the headliner and rear parcel shelf !

Quote Originally Posted by lowell
    Wow?! colorplus only takes a day?!!? I needed a week to leatherique mine (and my DS didn't come out all that great in the end, anyway).

Post some pics?? - I'm increasingly interested in the colorplus vs. leatherique debate.

Vogtland's a great idea. I'd love to try a set of those out sometime. But, I really do enjoy the Sachs kit, and I'm sure you'd be able to get it on in a saturday afternoon.

best, whit

Default lost e-mail.

Hello,
    I got your reply, and then replied further as to how to place the order, what payment, where to send, etc.... will resend when I get home. Guess the e-mails got lost. Thanks. -Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by pmlmotorsports
    I did reply Mon, 18 Apr 2005 22:40:56
    Can you shoot me current prices for:
    >> > - Vogtland springs (4)>>>> $225 delivered
    >> > - appropriate Boge shocks/strut insets (4)>>>
    >From $360 and up, depending on build date
    >> > - oem style 32 wheels you listed a few days ago
    >> for $790>>>> that is correct
    >> > - ditto for the style 5s >>>>> $960
    >> > I'm not sold yet on a suspension setup yet, but
    >> am sold on either of those wheel styles...
    >> >
    >> > - Do you have other tire choices w/little more
    >> treadlife/quiter ride than the toyo ts1s? (conti
    >> sport contact 2?) >>>>>I offer Conti, Pirelli,
    >Dunlop, Goorich, Nitto Toyo, Yokohama, Bridgestone,
    >and Goodyear......oh I also offer Falken, Hankook, and Michelin, but only sell tires
    >with rims.

I don't know if the style 5s are still in stock, or what the current price may be. Like everyting else in this world, the market changes due to supply&demand. I did confirm that the style 32 wheels are in stock; staggered ony. As for the suspension, I woud sell you the springs, and recommend you get the Boges, bump stops, and misc hardware from FPC Groton on the east coast, or if you live on the left coast buy from Shox or BMA.