GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: where does the ICV holder attach on the m50 intake...

Default where does the ICV holder attach on the m50 intake...

manifold. i can't find the attachment point in the bentley, or in the etk. koala motorsport just says that it is hard to reattach, and not to detach it in the first place i'd really like to put it back. thanks.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

why is it no one can answer your questions Ryan? Your always in inchartered water over there. You should have a running document with pictures for all the obscure things you get caught up in. The only thing I can think of is comparing it to another car.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Default email sent...

not sure how helpful it will be, but take a look...
    Bill B.
    95 525i

if the holder fits on to the rod, that would explain a lot. for reasons i'd rather not bother sayin', that rod is not installed in the regular position....i found two pictures of the holder in bentley, and in both, the holder is parallel to but slightly below the freeze plugs. im loading my viewer now, ill read your .doc when it does. thanks. if it is indeed there, ill reposition the damned rod. i really appreciate your response.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

thanks for sending me that.

not to be an @ss or anything, but bentley would seem to have the same positional photos as the microfiche (ie, doesn't show where the donut hooks). ill check the rod in the daylight for hooks or other such clues. thanks though. a photo isn't necessary, but thanks for the offer.

Default Let's see if this pic helps...pardon the dust...

I just snapped this a few minutes ago. The bracket comes up from the block, and when the holder is mounted, the ICV is parallel to the head.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bill B.
    95 525i

heh...thanks a lot. i think i remember that bracket. if i had a garage i'd go look now, but as i don't, ill check first thing in the morning. thanks.

Hi Bill,

I have a similar query of those hoses nearby. There is a vacumn host that comes from the cylinder head side of the intake manifold (hose about 3/4inch diamter), this hose goes towards the bottom-side of the throttlebody intake tube. There is a nipple below the intake tube to take the hose.

But for some reason, it was interrupted by a joint as it tries to route towards the intake tube. I was wondering why is there a joint interruption ?. Surely routing such a hose directly would be easy way. Care to explain why it is routed this way ?.