GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Euro Ellipsoid Pictures

Default Euro Ellipsoid Pictures

New euro smilies on!

Owner - Willamette Valley Motor Sports, LLC

What brand is it? How do you like it at night of course...?

Default Very Nice.......->

I also like the W-I-D-E grille too

Don McAdams
    McAdams AutoSport
    www.McAdamsAutoSport.com
    '95 E34 525iT
    '88 E30 ///M3
    '85 E30 325e
    Vero Beach, FL

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger
    What brand is it? How do you like it at night of course...?
    They're DEPO lights. And they're wonderful at night! Only problem is that I seem to have been hit by another rock, and cracked my drivers side projector already!

@#%Y%$%!!!

Gonna claim this one on insurance, though.

Thats harsh! I have the smoked Hellas like in Dons pic. After I bought them, I put those protectors on from Bavauto. I was afraid of a rock destroying my lights, and I doubt I could replace just one light if I needed to. Also, I wanted to protect them from pitting.

Default Nice here is mine

this is mine that i got from ebay, they are not made by hella but they work fine.
    "No matter how it looks its still my ride."

Were they hard to wire up? Did you have to do any splicing like some of the others imply.

Sorry to hear that... darn what is the probability of that happening? I bought a DEPO headlight for a friend of mine too... he loved his set.

Quote Originally Posted by Abnormal
    Were they hard to wire up? Did you have to do any splicing like some of the others imply.
    In short, yes.

The long detailed story follows:

I got the DEPO Euro Ellipsoids on eBay, from a seller who stated they came with the proper harness adapters. Great I thought, makes my life easier. So I didn't order any extra wiring or euro plugs or anything. I figured at the very most I'd have to splice in the city lights to the markers, and that'd be that.

Well, I get the lights and open them up like a kid on christmas. Look over them, and immediately notice the "harness adapters" are incomplete. They have the US 9006 ends (these mimic the 'socket' part of the 9006 bulb, so your factory harness plugs right in), but the other ends were BARE! The actual euro light housings had a keyed socket requiring an apparently special and not easily obtained plug. So I modified the housings. I hardwired the bare ends of the "harness adapter" to the bulb backs, and that was that. It actually worked out better this way for me, more like a factory fit, what with only one plug/socket to deal with.

I had to wait a week to wire up the city lights (ran out of time on my weekend). These required splicing (I use 3M T-Tap quik-splicers. Makes it really simple). So I dig in on Saturday morning, yank the front amber markers, and notice that the plugs on them look awfully similar to the "euro" plugs needed originally for the high and low beam housings (and the city light plug too!). It was too late to work this into the headlamps, since I'd already modified the housings, but since I have to replace my lights again already, I'll be sure to go down to my dealer and get the plugs (since the euro headlamp plug parts don't show up at all in the US ETK).

Overall, it was frustrating for short amounts of time. But in the end, I felt good with the modifications I'd made. I'm not sure how I'll do it this time, but at least I have options now.

Default All Dealer Part #'s Are Right Here Shaun.....

For the Euro Ellipsoids, click on my webpage. I also have the dealer list prices.

Hope this helps~

http://e30m3therealm3.com/e34/
    Don McAdams
    McAdams AutoSport
    www.McAdamsAutoSport.com
    '95 E34 525iT
    '88 E30 ///M3
    '85 E30 325e
    Vero Beach, FL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast