GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Removed my EAT Chip and replaced the stock chip today

Default Removed my EAT Chip and replaced the stock chip today

Had to break down and remove the EAT Chip today.. gas prices here is at $2.20/g.. jumped 4 cents over night.. will probably end up at around $2.30 a gallon.. had to take the stock chip so i can uses cheapo gas for a lil while

Default somethings wrong with the logic here...

when I had my eat chip in I got almost 4 more MPG which made it well worth the extra in costs for primium. Figure the costs and then make the decision. I would rather have the eat and use premium than the stocker and mid grade for 4 cents less. there is no comparison to me.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Default Same for me, Jeff, but I got a bit less of an increase

I usually figured it out at 2 to 3 more mpg with the EAT chip.

Dick Schneiders

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    when I had my eat chip in I got almost 4 more MPG which made it well worth the extra in costs for primium. Figure the costs and then make the decision. I would rather have the eat and use premium than the stocker and mid grade for 4 cents less. there is no comparison to me.

i got 1-2 in the 535
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

i got two or three also. gas is up to around $2.00/gallon in northeast ny, so i'm trying to keep the driving to a minimum.....

bottom line is that i'm not willing to go back to stock!!! thanks again mark!

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Schneiders
    I usually figured it out at 2 to 3 more mpg with the EAT chip.

Dick Schneiders
    steven

91 525ia

still can find 93 for $1.72 here, but you pass a lot of $1.79 stations. just tanked up the 535 tonight, $33+ fill up sucks
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

my increase in MPG was 1-2.. i do alot of driving, i get comped from work.. when i drive, i drive hard.. the 535 has good power without the chip.. so no real downer.. hopefully for only a short period of time.

Default I would happy to only pay $33 to fill-up currently

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    still can find 93 for $1.72 here, but you pass a lot of $1.79 stations. just tanked up the 535 tonight, $33+ fill up sucks

If you can keep your foot out of it you can enjoy the additional MPG. I need that chip on some of the ride to work (idiotic NC dot and their cloverleaf ramps that overlap...come to a stop, cross one section going one way then another going another way before it's a balls to the wall fight to get in the only lanes that don't end).

Still running 23/24 all around, highway trips are up towards 27.

Let's put things in prospective. I just bought a '97 land cruiser because I needed the hauling capabilities due to major house remodeling (got sick and tired of hauling crap in the 5er). I just filled up last night and figured that I got a whopping 14 MPG with most of those miles on highway. The LC is rated at 13-15 (city/HW cycle). On the other hand I use the 5er (with the EAT) to commute daily to downtown Chicago. I get about 16.5 MPG in the city whereas highway yields about 22.5. Although I use regular in the LC, it still holds 25 gals=$45 per fill.

Adrian

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast