GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Rear speakers - which ones should I get?

Default Rear speakers - which ones should I get?

I'm thinking of replacing the stock rear speakers. I have 50WRMS to play with through the amplifier. I heard you can goto 6.5" speakers without major mods to the parcel shelf. Are 6x9's too big back there. All comments welcome.

6x9 won' t fit very snug back there. If you want sound quality, I ' d suggest Boston, Focal or Dynaudio. If you want to make noise go for JBL, Rockford or Kicker, combined with a woofer in the trunk. I had a Rockford punch woofer in my car and it gave more than plenty backmassage.

i'll be putting a sub in 10" (free to air), and want to keep the stock speaker panels on the kickboard. Can I put 6x9's in and leave the stock speaker panel?

I have 6.5" Bostons in the rear deck...no mods.

With sub, no need for such large speaker in back... otherwise you are bass heavy. Bass heavy is like having someone hit back of your head constantly while you are driving. Not only that... they will muffle the true sounds from the front speakers.

The purpose of the rear deck speaker is to provide mid and highs for rear passenger only... In true audiophile setup, driver and front passenger only hear rears as a minor surround... front speakers should be the only one heard by front seaters.

what 5 1/4" rear speakers do you recommed then?

Quote Originally Posted by BigKriss
    what 5 1/4" rear speakers do you recommed then?
    I have herd the rear deck speakers only have about 1.75 inches of depth. If so has anyone tryed the Blaupunkt "thin series" 5.25 speakers back there?
    I was thinking of these for the rear and MB Quart component speakers for the front. Does anyone know the best place to mount the tweeters? front dash or pillars

Default rear speakers

If you replace your stock rear speakers is it a straight swap w/ a 5 1/4? do you need to do any rewiring or use stock wires? Do you need to get coaxial, 2, or 3 way speakers for rear? Also what happens to the rear tweeter?

Rear deck is deep! It's got a full bucket that goes straight into the trunk. So no need for "flat" speakers.

Forgot about one of the best value for money you can get with a speaker compo set. Itīs even American !!!! HERTZ, damm those sound fine for that kind of money. This brand is setting the car audio scene in Europe on fire. You can fit up to 18 cm woofers in your kickpanel behind the original covers if you use a piece of wood to fill out the enormous kick panel space from within. In the back you should also made a wooden construction and remove the plastic oem ****. As for the 10 inch free air, believe me you will be dissapointed by the output. The E34 trunk is too big for a 10 inch open air woofer. If you are really determined to use open air systems, try to use two 12 inch Vega woofers. These donīt come cheap but they last. I bought one in 1994 and it has been playing each day since and still is going strong. Best of luck with choosing componentry Kristian.
    Last edited by Jose; 05-09-2005 at 03:09 PM.