GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VOM-and TPS ohmage measuring question.....

the measurements i made make sense with what the car is doing....ie, the car usually goes back down to slightly above normal idle so long as i don't engage the kickdown, but when i do, the car idles a bit higher than it should (1100 rpm or so). i have a spare intake manifold at my mother's house, im having someone take the TPS off of that and sent it to me to see if that solves the problem.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Default Is it possible that when you pull wide open ...

the throttle, it does not come back to minimum (closed flap) when you release the pedal? (weak springs combined with sticky links).

If so, TPS would not be the culprit.

Javier

this has been a slowly developing problem, i've been checking the physical operation of the throttle blade for a while now, the cruise control is disconnected just to eliminate the possibility of any foul play......im pretty sure its the tps....combined witht he fact that the TIS sheet i found for my trans program (the big thread where i bitched about my trans program) specifically mentions a defective tps as a possible cause.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Hi I'm new here.

I've been looking for the exact same info.
    my TPS reads 2k ohm on idle and 5.6k ohm on WOT (also M50).
    The reason I suspect my TPS to be faulty is because idle RPM on cold start never ever exceeds 600 and sometimes the car stalls when I turn the wheel in idle. Also the pickup on the throttle is kinda delayed (+/- 1 sec).
    Am I right to suspect this part to be the culprit?

I suspected the ICV, but even when idling cold idle is stable but rough and idle adjustments are incremental and there's no real 'surges'.

Thanks on any help here cuz everyone seems to know the bentley reference values but there's no tolerances mentioned.

Anyone?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12