second time I'm having to type this so it'll be short..

problems with blower settings 1-3.... they would come on strong, then pretty much shut off.. the come back on.. and shut off... however blower setting 4 was working fine.... I also did notice a burning smell, but when I pulled the resistor pack out a slightly burnt piece of paper came out too!

So I'm running the blower on 4 with the AC after being out of the car for 40-60 mins... car was sitting in the sun.... I'm driving in stop & go in a parking lot trying to get out, and all of a sudden I've got no blower speeds... turns out the 30A blower motor fuse went.... now 30A that is some serious ampage...

any clue why that fuse could have been tripped??

I'm going to check on the dealer price tomorrow for a new resistor pack, but for 12 bucks at BMA they'd better be below 20 bucks.

some pix of the resistor pack... the thing is basically 3 coils, each with more loops than the next.... I'm guessing that more loops means more resistance.. and a lower blower speed.... seems kind of a stupid way to do it... but I guess it works.... so here are the only pictures on the internet of the resistor pack (I couldn't find any others).