GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: ran over concrete chunk on highway yesterday, wheel bent and srs light on...

Default ran over concrete chunk on highway yesterday, wheel bent and srs light on...

it was a significant piece, didn't see it until i was right on top of it, figuratively. front quarter (drivers) became airborne. glovebox fell open because of impact. my front struts needed replacing before this........ my front steering gear looks ok, no bent tierods on affected side.....

the srs light will now flash for several minutes, then stay illuminated after startup. is this something that could be fixed by a reset, or do i have to replace the impact sensor on the affected side? srs worked properly previous to this. thanks.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Was that in the S700?

Gotta get that SRS connected up to a scanner and see what happened. IIRC, they just don't like big bumps. I guess you're lucky the bag didn't go off

I hate concrete chunks....

best, whit

personally, i don't "think" the bump was any harder than the way most absent minded drivers curb their cars at 45 mph or so, its just that both of my front shocks are dead as doornails, and the bounce hit the sensor.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

The only way to reset the SRS is at the dealer, unless you have one of the new Peak reset tools that address only the SRS system. If you do have it reset at the dealer, make sure they tell you which crash sensor has set the code. You might be better off going to an independent on this one. Get them to tell you which sensor set the code, just in case it has weakened to the point of false signals and needs to be replaced. Otherwise, a simple $45 reset could end up with the SRS light on again at the next bump.
    Now quit dickin' around and get those shocks replaced before you REALLY need to depend on them someday. =) Besides, you'll love the results....

Jr

Default Do you by any chance.......

.......have a little grey cloud over your head, following you around everywhere you go?

Brian C.
    There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept. -
    .............Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Brian C.
    .......have a little grey cloud over your head, following you around everywhere you go?

Brian C.

yes it would seem that way,.....consider my trans program light coming on today.....