GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: headunit review?

Default headunit review?

anyone know a good site that has reviews on headunits. i searched and all i got was prices and very little reviews. thanks

Get this! http://pureaudioonline.com/catalog/p...122ed31ef61ddf

Alpine 9820 unit!. Its awesome!. Blows away anything twice its price in audio quality.

type in "jon" in the search deal
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by emw525E34

Alpine 9820 unit!. Its awesome!. Blows away anything twice its price in audio quality.
    I DEFINITELY agree. I have the 9813. Wonderful head units, aren't they?

Mine is actually a 9830. It had a tilt/swing face which is really cool to angle the display exactly I wanted. Also, the features are so good, it blew me away!. Now my hope for the 7998 just vanished into thin-air!!!.
    Built-in HP/LP cross-over, Time correction, Bass profile. And , of course Bass Engine with Subw level control. It does MP3 nicely which is why I bought it in the first place.
    My HU driven by an RF Punch 600a4 amp with 2ch driving DLS R5a reference separates for front (oh, do you know how far I threw those Nokia tweeters ???. The Nokia mids were tortured by my 4 year old with a pencil! No need to throw these. Bin them after pencil holes punched to satisfaction by 4 year old.)
    Bridge rear channel toward Kicker 12in XPL subs (man.. its a monster at mid-blast!)
    HU drives filli-in Tsunami separates at the rear. On Touring cones were ceiling mounted. 6.5 inch just fit the space!. Tweeters pointing forward from the angled bulge. Total sound output is pure joy!.
    ( Not a single crappy stock audio component left in my touring. Good riddence.)

Default hah sorry

i already have a jvc headunit and was looking into the indash dvd players. just got a coop at Valeo and making a list of toys to get

Mine is actually a 9830. It had a tilt/swing face which is really cool to angle the display exactly I wanted. Also, the features are so good, it blew me away!. Now my hope for the 7998 just vanished into thin-air!!!.
    Built-in HP/LP cross-over, Time correction, Bass profile. And , of course Bass Engine with Subw level control. It does MP3 nicely which is why I bought it in the first place.
    My HU driven by an RF Punch 600a4 amp with 2ch driving DLS R5a reference separates for front (oh, do you know how far I threw those Nokia tweeters ???. The Nokia mids were tortured by my 4 year old with a pencil! No need to throw these. Bin them after pencil holes punched to satisfaction by 4 year old.)
    Bridge rear channel toward Kicker 12in XPL subs (man.. its a monster at mid-blast!)
    HU drives filli-in Tsunami separates at the rear. On Touring cones were ceiling mounted. 6.5 inch just fit the space!. Tweeters pointing forward from the angled bulge. Total sound output is pure joy!.
    ( Not a single crappy stock audio component left in my touring. Good riddence.)
    The 9830 is the newer version of what i have. same features and all, but mine has the vdrive amp.

I have some shitty Infinity reference speakers the previous owner put in...they are horrible. Very raw sounding highs, and the mids are muddy.
    Last edited by epj3; 04-15-2005 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    type in "jon" in the search deal

LOL

I am actually not running a headunit anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by jarome
    anyone know a good site that has reviews on headunits. i searched and all i got was prices and very little reviews. thanks
    This is regarded as one of the best head units (for sound quality) around.
    It has no built-in amps, but does have built-in electronic crossovers etc.

CLARION DRZ9255

It will not play MP3's but if you want to play MP3's then I wouldn't even bother considering the Clarion just buy something cheaper that plays MP3's and don't be too concerned about the sound quality.

Quote Originally Posted by jarome
    i already have a jvc headunit and was looking into the indash dvd players. just got a coop at Valeo and making a list of toys to get
    I just read this.... ignore the above Clarion blurb!!
    Last edited by pundit; 04-16-2005 at 09:35 PM.

1990 E34 535iA, 215,000kms (130,000 miles).
    Dual Climate, Rear Headrests, Rollerblind, M-Tech Wheel,
    Memory Seats, EAT Chip, T-Stars.