GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Below average '90 525i stick for sale in LA-as is

Default Below average '90 525i stick for sale in LA-as is

Hello all !
    I am posting it here because the ad section doesn't seem to work right now. If the admin needs to move the post please do so.
    The time has come and I have to part with my beloved '90 525i manual. It has over 181k miles and the overall condition I would describe as below average or even poor. The car IS a daily driver even though I was hit in the left side in September last year, but due to insurance problems never got around to fixing it. Since the car spent most of it's life in Ohio there is a considerable amount of rust especially on the left rear side of the car. The front windshield is cracked (ever since I bought the car) and there is the damage to the front fender and drivers's door mentioned above. The door opens half-way so you can still use it and the window and lock works as they should. The interior is cloth and unfortunately the seats are torn. All the electric motors work and all the electronics work well also. The engine runs OK, but at steady highway speeds burns oil and therefore I doubt it will pass CA emissions test (I never tried).I replaced the timing belt and water pump along with thermostat at 172k miles. Just recently I also replaced the starter that went bad. I had the brakes redone before moving from OH at 175k miles both rotors and pads(yes I drove it 2400 miles without major problems, loaded like a mule). Throughout the trip I got a steady 28-30 mpg !
    The safest bet is that this is a parts car unless you want to really put some work into it. Due to all the problems the price is really low, I don't expect much for it. I ask for $800 and then depending on your interest in the vehicle we could talk. I have some jpg pictures before the accident and some hard prints of the damage if you need to see them.
    Again this IS a daily driver currently in Los Angeles and I ask $800 (negotiable).
    Give me a call at (323) 403-3525 or email me at musicus1979@yahoo.com
    Thanks for looking.
    Last edited by BMWfreak; 04-17-2005 at 06:01 PM.