GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steering wheel done and some more interior pics (56k no!)

Jon,

You said the two stage airbag CAN be hooked to your airbag connector ?. How ?. I thought it was impossible becuase the deployment signal/mechanism is completely different. I am researching becuase I plan to do something similar with a 4 spoke E46 wheel in my touring. My initial plan was to custom fit my airbag (existing 4 spoke wheel) to the airbag of the E46 harness. Don't know if that is feasible as I have not seen the new wheel physically. Once I got it and taken it apart, I can compare and see what can be done.

Nice finishing on your job. I am sure you are pleased with the results. Bravo!.

Quote Originally Posted by emw525E34
    Jon,

You said the two stage airbag CAN be hooked to your airbag connector ?. How ?. I thought it was impossible becuase the deployment signal/mechanism is completely different. I am researching becuase I plan to do something similar with a 4 spoke E46 wheel in my touring. My initial plan was to custom fit my airbag (existing 4 spoke wheel) to the airbag of the E46 harness. Don't know if that is feasible as I have not seen the new wheel physically. Once I got it and taken it apart, I can compare and see what can be done.

Nice finishing on your job. I am sure you are pleased with the results. Bravo!.

I didn't try it.... but a two-stage system literally has two seperate connectors on it. There is one black connector and one orange one. THey were both melted to the explosive pack due to heat of it detonating, so I didn't bother trying, but since the orange one looks JUST like ours....

Quote Originally Posted by Jon K
    I didn't try it.... but a two-stage system literally has two seperate connectors on it. There is one black connector and one orange one. THey were both melted to the explosive pack due to heat of it detonating, so I didn't bother trying, but since the orange one looks JUST like ours....

Yawn, just got back to school. Had a last minute realization.. true i have a custom interior now. True, i have an E46 wheel retrofitted, but it wasn't any different than E46's with E46 wheels.

So I fixed that:

Looks nice, how are you so good with the alacantra? Where did you buy it etc? I am with you with the wood, i dont like it either and i was thinking of painting it silver but none of my friends would let me.

Black/Black '90 535IM..... '65 Cal look vw bug

Quote Originally Posted by casurfer911
    Looks nice, how are you so good with the alacantra? Where did you buy it etc? I am with you with the wood, i dont like it either and i was thinking of painting it silver but none of my friends would let me.

I guess I just have a niche for it. First time i've ever done anything liek this. Granted the steering wheel trim took me about 2 hrs to do right. I got it from a supplier.

just something about that fuzzy shyt that dont grab me... I really cant place it there must be a reason...just dont. I'm sure it would appeal to me in person as I'm sure the pictures arent doing it any justice at all. maybe thats it? maybe the purple hue that you said is absolutly black, just looks cheap in some sort of odd way.

I am in NO WAY saying its a crap job or anything like that Jon, it so far hasnt grabbed me at all. Maybe you bring it over and we have a look see?

lol
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    just something about that fuzzy shyt that dont grab me... I really cant place it there must be a reason...just dont. I'm sure it would appeal to me in person as I'm sure the pictures arent doing it any justice at all. maybe thats it? maybe the purple hue that you said is absolutly black, just looks cheap in some sort of odd way.

I am in NO WAY saying its a crap job or anything like that Jon, it so far hasnt grabbed me at all. Maybe you bring it over and we have a look see?

lol

LOL seriously it's added about $15,000 to my cars value-by-touch. If it comes on M3s and M5s and 330 ZHPs, it can come in my car

Default Ok

agree whole heartedly. Just wish I could picture it better...hmmm maybe photoshop the pics so the furr looks black? Has to look awesome with the contrast against the light background!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon K
    LOL seriously it's added about $15,000 to my cars value-by-touch. If it comes on M3s and M5s and 330 ZHPs, it can come in my car
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    agree whole heartedly. Just wish I could picture it better...hmmm maybe photoshop the pics so the furr looks black? Has to look awesome with the contrast against the light background!

Jeff, see the black in that picture on the door panels? Thats alcantara also

AHHHHH almost like dark wood that isnt shiney! Didnt mean for you to go run out in the dark and take more pictures...you in the other side of the earth where its still light?

lol, It's cool.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast