GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How's this for poetic justice...

Default How's this for poetic justice...

Prepping the E30 for track work in July. Ordered a set of Brembo rotors from BMA, along with some belts and an air filter. $73 delivered to my door. The wife and tater tot come by today to take me out to lunch in the E34. I drive to our lunch destination, and as I'm coming to a stop in the parking lot, "BRAKE LININGS" pops up on the OBC. It's like Ginger is saying "Hey, what about me? Show me some love!" Of course, the last time I replaced brake linings on the rear was 50k miles ago, and the last new rotors were at 40k miles (now at 126k)...
    Bill B.
    95 525i

Default Rear pads were Pagids, D1132P, not sure about rotors

Rotor thickness was around 0.314, min thick is .331. The wear sensor had just started being impacted today. New Pagids, Brembos, and a wear sensor: $124 from BMA. Hoping to get 'em by Friday so we can take the E34 to VIR!
    Bill B.
    95 525i

Default And Patrick's reply to my pleading email to see if I could get it by Friday...

Bill,

Not a problem. You should see this order on Friday.

Patrick

You gotta love BMA! These prices are near identical to what I paid in 2000 for the D1132Ps from BavAuto but I got free shipping on this order!! Fingers crossed the UPS man does his deal, since the wife doesn't feel comfortable enough yet driving the E30 for me to let her take some laps around the track.
    Bill B.
    95 525i

Patrick usually hits the mark when the package has to be there because of certain conditions. Like you say, it's UPS that you've got to worry about. Thursday, you should see the tires from UPS. Now you still have time to make that pressure bleeder before Friday. =) You're going to have a busy week, huh?

Enjoy the weekend Bill, we want to see some more pictures. Really enjoyed the pics of Pops and the lad in the F1...

Have fun,
    Jr

Default It's like a good friend of mine.....

....a guy I met in college many moons ago. He, his wife, and their TRIPLET GIRLS are great friends, but I learned that I've got to get all 3 something if I get anyone anything. It doesn't have to be 3 identical items, just something for each.....lest one feel left out. Eight year old identical triplet girls are so cute, but I can't imagine how Mike and Karen will have much sanity left in the next 10 years!

"Hell hath no fury like a bimmer scorned!"

You sound like you've got a lot of fun times and dirty fingernails ahead of you Bill. Just don't forget to do a little something for the "A" or you might get surprized with a garage floor full of oil someday!

Brian C.
    There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept. -
    .............Ansel Adams

Default Vir

billb-
    The family and I should be up at VIR around 9:30 on Saturday, we'll be hanging around the skidmark racing gang (bright orange and bright yellow 2002's). Let's hook up.

Quote Originally Posted by billb
    Rotor thickness was around 0.314, min thick is .331. The wear sensor had just started being impacted today. New Pagids, Brembos, and a wear sensor: $124 from BMA. Hoping to get 'em by Friday so we can take the E34 to VIR!
    Chip
    '92 535i 5sp
    EAT chip, Sachs kit, RRT sport control and upper thrust arms, SS brakelines, Camber plates, Subframe inserts, 3.64 Diff, M5 (3.6L) calipers.
    '87 325iS

Bill - you're in NC, right? How the hell is Patrick able to get a UPS ground package to you in less than 5 days and yet it almost always takes 6 (the next monday) for the similar service to reach me in Charlotte?

F'ing ponderous....f'ing

best, whit

Default I believe this package will come from PA, his east coast dist...

Quote Originally Posted by lowell
    Bill - you're in NC, right? How the hell is Patrick able to get a UPS ground package to you in less than 5 days and yet it almost always takes 6 (the next monday) for the similar service to reach me in Charlotte?

F'ing ponderous....f'ing

best, whit
    And yep, I'm just outside of Raleigh. I'll let you know if it hits the mark.
    Bill B.
    95 525i

Default Sounds good...I know Bob and his beautiful orange 02...

Quote Originally Posted by Chip
    billb-
    The family and I should be up at VIR around 9:30 on Saturday, we'll be hanging around the skidmark racing gang (bright orange and bright yellow 2002's). Let's hook up.
    My second cousin did some engine work for him (Dennis, of old Team Highball days...). Looking forward to it. We may not be there quite that early, but I'll look for you.
    Bill B.
    95 525i

Default Scheduled for delivery 4/14...amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by billb
    And yep, I'm just outside of Raleigh. I'll let you know if it hits the mark.
    I checked the tracking on this one...it shipped from Harrisburg, PA, a little less than 3 hours after I completed my online order on 4/12. It arrived in Fisherville, VA at 8:09 this morning (4/13). That is just plain quick! The last order I placed online, on 4/2, and it didn't arrive until 4/9. I guess it just depends on whether it's shipping from east coast or west!
    Bill B.
    95 525i

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast