GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Why I'll never go to a $tealer for anything besides Cool Blue again...

Default Why I'll never go to a $tealer for anything besides Cool Blue again...

Guys....

Just picked up my car after Hendrick Motorsport (BMW & Mercedes $tealer) in Hickory, NC replaced a reman'd ZF 4hp-22 under warranty. I got it home and decided to do a quick inspection to see if these people knew what they were doing.

Popped the hood to find this:

You'd think that they'd possess enough attention to detail to actually torque the bellhousing bolts. That sucker's probably only thumb-tight. Hopefully, that's the only issue....

best, whit

Quote Originally Posted by lowell
    Guys....

Just picked up my car after Hendrick Motorsport (BMW & Mercedes $tealer) in Hickory, NC replaced a reman'd ZF 4hp-22 under warranty. I got it home and decided to do a quick inspection to see if these people knew what they were doing.

Popped the hood to find this:

You'd think that they'd possess enough attention to detail to actually torque the bellhousing bolts. That sucker's probably only thumb-tight. Hopefully, that's the only issue....

best, whit

I am sure that it was tight when it left their garage. It must have loosened up due to your abusive driving habits? Joke intended, been there, done that, let them only do warranty work....

I really do hope that is all that they forgot

Scott
    1995 BMW 525i w/139K miles, EAT Chip - (Gone)
    07 525i 22K, 07 328xi (41K)
    1982 Mazda RX-7 w/147K miles (Back again!)

I was checking out a 95 525i for my friend at the dealer and they said that they had completed the maintanence for the past 3 years, as well as replaced the clutch within the last month. Well im lookin around the engine compartment and find the top two bellhousing bolts about 1/2" out. I asked them if they were that meticulous with the rest of their service on the car and left.

Edit: I do have to admit that those bolts are a bitch to get at when your under the car, and you dont think about doing them from the topside when you have a lift, but come on its the dealer.

EDIT:

BTW -- the more amusing part was that the second I got home, I realized that I'd received a call from the $tealership. I called them up before I had the chance to look at it and it was some woman wanting to know if I was satisfied with my experience I told her that I'd just gotten the car home and wasn't sure yet, to which she said that I should call her if I had "any questions".

Gotta love it

best, whit
    Last edited by Kalevera; 04-11-2005 at 08:05 PM.

Default They seem to miss alot

of the finer points.

The previous owner had all of the work done by BMW, but I found a slight leak on the water neck, and it turned out to be a load of crude between the hose and the neck letting coolent by. I still find a missing/loose fastener from time to time too.

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

Back when I was 16 and driving my Volvo 240; I convinced the parents to take it to the dealer for a change because I was under the mistaken impression that dealers are where ya go to get everything done perfectly. I thought the car 'deserved' a trip to the dealer since it'd been serviced at this independent place for more than a decade.

About 30 miles after I picked it up, I lose almost all power and there's this loud banging noise coming from the front of the car. I panicked, and had the car towed to the (independent) shop without looking at it (which was dumb, but I was 16 )

Three of the spark plugs were one or two threads in, the fourth had unscrewed itself and was hanging free. The ****ing dealer didn't even screw in my damn sparkplugs.

I went down the invoice.. Aside from changing the oil that I'd told them not to change (since I'd just poured in fresh Mobil1 the day before), everything else I asked them to do showed no evidence of being done.

Since then, no dealers. Ever.