GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: pricing error at w-mart, or chevron delo on sale for $1 ea...

Default pricing error at w-mart, or chevron delo on sale for $1 ea...

i just picked up 12 quarts of chevron delo 15w40 for $1 each. this stuff is usually about $6.50 per us gallon, or ~$2 per quart. i asked twice for the gentleman to verify the price, both times both gentleman told me $1. was expecting to pay about 13$ for ONE oil change on the e34, now i have enough oil to do two for the same price i hate walmart anyway, its good if i inadvertently screwed them over. chevron delo, for those who don't know what it is, is an excellent heavy duty diesel oil, of grade 15w40. people in the know use it in gasoline engines to remove deposits synthetic oils like mobil 1 can't even touch. an added benefit is that in normal cars that can use 40 wt oils, the stuff lasts at least 4500+ miles between changes, as shown in analysis at bobishteoilguy. i'm cheerful, first this, then i find gas has gone down 5cents to 2.40 for 93 octane.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

no kidding, whats the deal about gas prices? For some reason our government isnt talking about it much...this should boost the economy lets just make our oil brothers rich. Wait, in about a month everything at the store is gonna double, shipping will go up, food will skyrocket and whan, theyll tell us were going through inflation...with no mention of the fuel price thing. $10 bucks to eat at crapdonalds.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Default I hope you can live with yourself.....

....after screwing a poor little company out of their profit! What would the Pope say??

Uhhhhh.....wait.....It's Walmart?........................F**k-em!

Wha....he's dead?..................................Nevermind!

Brian C.
    There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept. -
    .............Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Brian C.
    ....after screwing a poor little company out of their profit! What would the Pope say??

Uhhhhh.....wait.....It's Walmart?........................F**k-em!

Wha....he's dead?..................................Nevermind!

Brian C.

LMFAO!!!
    well said!
    ^°^ ><((({º>°°

Default Delo

Ryan

Do you run the Delo 15w40 all the time or eventually switch to M1 or GC after it's done it's cleaning job?

Thanks
    Ramon

Quote Originally Posted by ryan roopnarine
    i just picked up 12 quarts of chevron delo 15w40 for $1 each. this stuff is usually about $6.50 per us gallon, or ~$2 per quart. i asked twice for the gentleman to verify the price, both times both gentleman told me $1. was expecting to pay about 13$ for ONE oil change on the e34, now i have enough oil to do two for the same price i hate walmart anyway, its good if i inadvertently screwed them over. chevron delo, for those who don't know what it is, is an excellent heavy duty diesel oil, of grade 15w40. people in the know use it in gasoline engines to remove deposits synthetic oils like mobil 1 can't even touch. an added benefit is that in normal cars that can use 40 wt oils, the stuff lasts at least 4500+ miles between changes, as shown in analysis at bobishteoilguy. i'm cheerful, first this, then i find gas has gone down 5cents to 2.40 for 93 octane.
    Ramon
    1994 540iA Nikasil EAT Chip
    Tampa Bay, Florida USA

Quote Originally Posted by MBXB
    Ryan

Do you run the Delo 15w40 all the time or eventually switch to M1 or GC after it's done it's cleaning job?

Thanks
    Ramon
    i wouldn't run it all the time, wee bit too thick for my liking (15w part) for when it isn't "totally" summer yet in florida. i just use it when my engine oil turns too black for my liking (i don't know if its mobil1's doing this time, but its blacker than usual). the first ever run of gc resulted in an almost semi-transparent oil, it was amazing actually. i guess its all the driving i do on it, have to pay the piper eventually.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

So wait...you ran GC for a while and then decided to put delo in to clean it up? After spending a few minutes reading BITOG (and figuring out the acronyms ), I can't determine which - M1 or GC - is considered better.

Quote Originally Posted by lowell
    So wait...you ran GC for a while and then decided to put delo in to clean it up? After spending a few minutes reading BITOG (and figuring out the acronyms ), I can't determine which - M1 or GC - is considered better.
    i ran gc for about 10kmiles, ONLY because my valve cover gasket went and i was replenishing one quart per 2k miles. gc is an impossible species to actually find in stores in my town (orlando has it, but that's 100mi away), so i had to switch to mobil 1 15w50 (everybody was out of 0w40 on oil change day7 and i didn't feel like keeping up the fight over a less superior oil ) the mobil is pitch black right now, so i'm putting the delo in for about 4k miles. if i can scare up some gc when i'm in orlando, i'll use that at the next oil change. if not, mobil1.

oh, and as to which is better if you go to bitog, you'll see a specific forum DEDICATED to german castrol. this is a new development, likely due to overwhelming demand. everything i've put german castrol in has markedly decreased in oil consumption, as well as developing one other positive attribute of some kind. whenever i replace a computer fan, i fill the bearing area with a mix of german castrol and mobil1 syn lube. i use the german castrol on mah firearm as well, i use it everywhere that requires a lubricant, and it doesn't disappoint. guess i'm sold on it. to say the least

...works for me...

The GREEN stuff (maybe Gold if I can't find the green?) it is next time I change my oil!

best, whit