GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your LEAST favorite Bimmer??......

Default Your LEAST favorite Bimmer??......

Most of us here seem to have a common idea about which BMW we feel is our favorite. Whether we are former, current, or future E34 owners, many of us have found that the classic lines combined with the power, comfort and handling just can't be beat. At least by much of anything outside of Bavaria. But as in any company, not all their products are top shelf. Some were experiments, some were flops doomed by bad marketing or poor construction, and some, well.....some are just god-awfully ugly. (...can you say AZTEC?...)

So as far as ALL OTHER models of BMW, what do you really feel is your LEAST favorite? Is there one that just makes your skin crawl if you should happen to see it? Do you have nightmares about one of your former vehicles that perhaps busted a knuckle or two for no good reason other than poor design? How about a "bad driving experience" or an encounter with a member of the law that put you off to that particular car? Go on......vent a bit. Confess your deep dislike to us here. You'll sleep better.

Here's a link to a great UK site by John G. Burns. He has photos and write-ups of most of the models we all know and many that we've only seen in pictures. Lots of good info in his site.

Me............not too many models to complain about. Most older...pre-'70's...cars are just photo images, never having seen one "in the flesh". But as far as my all time yucko-bimmer I have to say it's the E23. Sorry 7-guys. It's just always looked very weird to me. Maybe in it's day, but now if I ever see one on the road.....and I still do occasionally.....they seem to be these slow, diesel covered, 200k+mile slugs. And the grill looks like it's just sucked a lemon. I guess I always was a wide-grill guy. The Z4 comes a close 2nd for fuglyness though. But if anyone feels the need to give away a nice E9/3.0CS.....well.....I promise to give that baby a good home!

Just MY opinion......what's yours???

Brian C.
    There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept. -
    .............Ansel Adams

i will probably get flamed but i hate the z3 coupes......even the m coupes
    Gone but not forgotten

Anything designed by Bangle

Actually, I very much agree with you, Brian, on the e23 assessment -- it's an awkward design towards the rear. But the e65 is horrid.

best, whit

E36 compact. Stunted design, E30 rear suspension, 4cyl engines... Why bother?

I'll have to say the E46 compact but also the E36 compact and touring. Oh and the Z1 was pretty awful too. As to the banglebimmers I've learned to like most of them, the exception being the new 6-series. That one just doesn't look right from any angle.

The new 5 series is, IMO, awful.

The new 7 series had actually grown on me.

Dave
    dave b
    93 525i
    156k +

because you can drop a e36 m3 motor right in and connect it to the 318 tranny and with the lighter body/better gearing it will positively walk away from a factory m3, it's been done so many times supersprint makes a special header for it. i like the e30 rear suspension better then the z bar on the e36, it's stronger and more fun to drive if you know how to handle it. if i find the right ti at the right price i may do one

Quote Originally Posted by Dan in NZ
    E36 compact. Stunted design, E30 rear suspension, 4cyl engines... Why bother?
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

All Bangle mangled designs.

Beamer = Bike
    Bimmer = Car
    Bummer = Bangle

The worst for me is the current 7 series (not the upcoming face-lifted one)

Default I'm gonna catch heck for this one...

E21...just too awkward between the lithe 2002 and the E30. I absolutely love the lines of the E30...hands down my all-time favorite BMW. Guess it doesn't hurt that it's my daily driver!

My wife dislikes M-coupes, but likes Z3s and 4s. I'll have to say that I dislike the X5, but like the X3. Like the E38, the Z8, the E28, and the E31. And of COURSE, the E34...

Interesting thread, Brian! To hijack for a moment, how about favorite Mazda rotaries? 1st gen is my pick! 12A for learning how to get the most out of the 1146 ccs!
    Bill B.
    95 525i

i miss my 83 gsl 12a, i allways wanted to score a wrecked 3rd gen and transplant that twin turbo plant into the 1st gen car, now that'd be a kick in the ass

Quote Originally Posted by billb
    Interesting thread, Brian! To hijack for a moment, how about favorite Mazda rotaries? 1st gen is my pick! 12A for learning how to get the most out of the 1146 ccs!
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast