GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: personal top speed run

Default personal top speed run

before i even start this story, i want to say, i dont want to hear it from the nay sayers "young and stupid" comments, I GET IT, but you only live once, and i think i do my stuff as safly as possible. Anyways, it was on the way back from up north, about 3-4 in the afternoon. we were on 72, heading east from mancelona on the longest straightest road ever, and we came upon a passing lane that last for about 2 miles, the only cars on the road were me in my 535im and my friend in his sable ls. we bothe go for it, and he keeps with me to about 100 when i begin to pull, and soon after his govener kicked in. i decidied to continue, figuring i wouldent have a chance like this again, with sero cars on a straigh road, the top speed i got up to was 140 on the dot before i let go and stoped, but i was incredibaly impresed with how smooth the whole operation was, i dident hardly notice my speed and was amazed when saw the spedo

thats it

kyle

ive done 156 down a hill on the palisades parkway a friend was even there to record it on the obc

The car's get pretty light and floaty at that speed has been my observation.
    Bellevue WA
    90 535iM - not much stock remains. 3.7 liters, ported head, cammed, 3.73 diffy, M5 brakes, MAFed, yadda yadda yadda
    86 Porsche 951 - Track Toy

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff N.
    The car's get pretty light and floaty at that speed has been my observation.
    I've run to 143 according to the speedo on K10 highway between Kansas City and Lawrence at about 3 in the morning, zero traffic on a very smooth separated 4 lane highway. It did seem a little light and floaty but nothing too scary. The wind noise at that speed was almost deafening though, I guess my 15 year old weather stripping isnt in as good a shape as i thought.

167mph in e34 S38 (still climbing w/ tall 3.46 diff)
    155mph in e31 M70
    143mph in e39 M62tu

Of course all on an off road course (cough cough).
    Brandon J

Of course all on an off road course (cough cough).
    Brandon J

Liar,liar, pants on fire.....=)

Quote Originally Posted by kyleN20
    i dont want to hear it from the nay sayers "young and stupid" comments,
    kyle
    Don't care if you want to hear it or not Kyle, it's ok to be young, but not stupid, and driving that fast on public roads no matter how deserted is dangerous and stupid. Find a track.
    1990 535i 5-sp., except for 16" M-Contours, cd deck, and clear corners, completely stock. 226k and running strong

156 MPH indicated started at 80mph and in in a two lane carpool lane that is 1.3 miles long in downtown LA...twice

130, damn governor.
    It is hard to find a track that is straight for long enough to get these cars close to their top speeds, most tracks aren't about powere, they are about handleing, and 1/4 miles are too short for an real speed in any stock car. Interstates aren't so bad, with all the people who obviously double or triple the speed limits, most accidents still happen in the cities and not on highways. If the cars are good, and the roads are good, it isn't as stupid as it sounds accept for the legality of it, but would you consider it less stupid to do it on the autobahn, if you do than think about it again, just cause its illegal doesnt mean that it is a stupid thing to do, these cars were made for those speeds, if they weren't than they wouldn't be able to go that fast. Im not saying it isn't safe, im just saying think about the probelm you have with it, it is probably more dangerous on the track, because you are going to be taking tunrs at great speeds and have better chance of losing control than on cars going in a straight, flat line.

what posssible cosequences are ther on a dererted road, that arnt on a track, death is there both ways, **** i could get a brain hemerage and die tommrow. you dont have to live forever, you just have to live, and i dident endanger anyone else, yelll at all the people who went faster, haha

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast