GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Red/Smoked Taillights?

Default Red/Smoked Taillights?

Can anyone tell me where I can find red/smoked taillights and smoked corners? I have checked on ebay to no avail. Recently (about a week and a half ago), I ordered both from California based Importvision expecting to receive them this week. When I called them today, however, they claimed not to have them in stock and that they would refund the money if I so chose (which I did). So now begins the process of getting my money back. Has anyone dealt with them successfully?

Anyway back to the taillights and corners, the only other source I could find for the taillights is through London based bmtown.com. I think I found the corners at bekkers.com. I appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks
    Paul
    '91 525i

I bought Hella smoked tails on ebay from a company called www.matrixracing.com I checked their site and they still have them listed. They are like $369 on the site, when they were on ebay, I think I paid about $250. I don't know if the link will work but I included it. I got smoked corners from Bekkers. They have an amber insert inside of them that I broke out. I also got Hella smoked headlights from bekkers.

http://www.matrixracing.com/Browse_I...s&Item_ID=1355

Bekkers has tails too.

http://www.bekkers.com/Merchant2/mer...de=btlight5e34

Quote Originally Posted by pgh2002
    Can anyone tell me where I can find red/smoked taillights and smoked corners? I have checked on ebay to no avail. Recently (about a week and a half ago), I ordered both from California based Importvision expecting to receive them this week. When I called them today, however, they claimed not to have them in stock and that they would refund the money if I so chose (which I did). So now begins the process of getting my money back. Has anyone dealt with them successfully?

Anyway back to the taillights and corners, the only other source I could find for the taillights is through London based bmtown.com. I think I found the corners at bekkers.com. I appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks

wow thate site (MatrixRacing) is selling the smoked Hella headlights for 269.95$ (bekkers has them listed for 580$)

but are e30 headlights interchangeable on our e34's??
    Last edited by Deke NorCal; 02-20-2004 at 03:40 PM.

I believe the e30's are different. I think Matrix used to have the e34 smoked headlights. Honestly when I bought mine from Bekkers, I asked Matrix if their headlights were Hella and they said they were. Somehow, it seemed too good to be true but who knows. My taillights are Hella and Matrix sold them on ebay for like $225 + shipping like $250 total. I think Bekkers is like $470? When I got them they were brand new but not in the Hella box. They did have all the extra crap you see in the pic like the extra brakelight and some reflectors plus the paperwork. All stuff I didn't use. Even when I got the smoked euro headlights from Bekkers, they didn't come in the box, But the original box was folded up and in the box they shipped. I think they tried to save space shipping.

Default if you're a do-it-yourselfer..

If youre short on cash and like doin **** yourself, you can do what I did and buy some clear red paint (tamiya) at a hobby shop and get a pressurized can of air and a reservoir that connects to it to spray your stock tails. clean the surface w/ alcohol, mask off the parts around the orange and spray a light coat and let dry. repeat a few times and then coat with a clear polyurethane to protect it from the elements, and to give it a nice gloss. Make sure its completely dry before you put back on or youll have particles stuck in the paint... (or I could just say use common sense )

heres my redtails

Quote Originally Posted by Deke NorCal
    wow thate site (MatrixRacing) is selling the smoked Hella headlights for 269.95$ (bekkers has them listed for 580$)

but are e30 headlights interchangeable on our e34's??
    Hell, if just the lights themselves fitit would be a steal.... anyone know?
    1994 530iA Sold
    2003 FX-35
    1991 MR2 Turbo

Default they have headlights still

here is a link to e34 lights at matrix racing

they list smilies for 269.95

Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by MikeV
    Hell, if just the lights themselves fit it would be a steal.... anyone know?
    Answered my own question, not the same part # for the replacement lights

Hella low-beam right insert (e34): p/n P8039-21406
    Hella low-beam right insert (e30): p/n P8039-21414
    1994 530iA Sold
    2003 FX-35
    1991 MR2 Turbo

Default Yeah They have...

They have the euros but not the smoked euros for e34. I think the euros they show are the ones they told me were Hella way back when. I would call if you are serious and try to get a straight answer. Maybe they are made by Hella, and not labelled Hella or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ
    here is a link to e34 lights at matrix racing

they list smilies for 269.95