GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Brittle Plastic ...

Default Brittle Plastic ...

Now that the good weathe ris here I have more time and ambition to fix the things that need fixing on my 535. I removed the hazzard light switch because it was sticking intermitently, so I figured a little contact cleaner might remedy the situation. When I tried to remove the plugs, the plastic practically disintegratred on my fingers. This is not the first piece of plastic on this car to crumble like that.. Is this a common problem with these cars? If so I have a lot of peices to add to the replacement list.....
    1992 BMW 535 155??? Miles
    Bavarian Autosport Exhaust,17" Style 32 Rims, Black on Black and very sinister looking ... My 1st BMW and I love her .....

Mine did the exact same thing when I pulled it out, and we had a discussion about this on the board a few months back.

Accordingly, you can buy new connectors and they're listed in the ETK. The only problem is figuring out which one(s) you need. I've got tons of them that have shattered, but haven't gotten around to fixing them yet.

best, whit

Yip

I was going to pull out my window washer bottle to clean it and started to pull out the plugs(the blue one's) fell apart in my hand so brittle!!
    So now I've got some lovely duck tape there