GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pics of my new tail lights

Default Pics of my new tail lights

I got my new tails from Germany this morning. Gave the car a quick wash
    and fitted them. I love the new look, can't wait to detail the car well and
    go take some proper pictures.

High res pics here.
    Last edited by Tcdoe; 04-05-2005 at 10:43 AM.

give the yellow bulbs a very light silver spray to get rid of the egg yolk look. your tails look good!
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Say, is that a bottle of "moonshine" next to the chair by the house?

Jeff: I was gonna paint the bulbs but I was so anxious to see what they looked like on the car that I forgot

JonE: Shh, don't tell anyone

Hi TC,

May I know what brand these lights are and which company in Germany you got them from . Also, price in Euro ?. Have some friends in Germany and may want to check them out. Thx.

Get those new Osram Diadem bulbs (or Philips Silvervisions) they're supposed to be clear, but flash orange/amber when in use.
    Last edited by jplacson; 04-05-2005 at 10:06 PM.

Hey that you Frankie? You have friends in Germany? Hey, I'm looking for a CD from there... only available from Amazon.de think you can ask your friends to get me a copy?

I read that you have the Vogtland spring kit installed. Would you be willing to comment on them. Which strut/shocks are you running? I have the stock Boge Automatics and Vogtland lowering springs and I really like them a lot. Please be honest in you opinion of the product. BTW, nice lights, hell, nice car.

Yup I'm beginning to like those tails even more now....BTW do the inner lenses come with built in fogs??? That would be great if they did. A retrofit on the original Hellas looks like a hassle.

King Of NYC

Quote Originally Posted by emw525E34
    Hi TC,

May I know what brand these lights are and which company in Germany you got them from . Also, price in Euro ?. Have some friends in Germany and may want to check them out. Thx.
    I don't know about the manufacturer because it didn't really say anywhere, just that they're made in Asia. The quality isn't quite as nice as the Hellas but still ok; they align nicely, don't give any error messages to the obc etc.. I looked around ebay.de for the cheapest ones I could find and ordered from www.protun.de. The lights themself were 135€, another 24,50€ for shipping from Germany to Finland. They said it would take 2-3 weeks but they came in a little over a week.

Quote Originally Posted by jplacson
    Get those new Osram Diadem bulbs (or Philips Silvervisions) they're supposed to be clear, but flash orange/amber when in use.
    Yeah, they're nice but terribly expensive just for a set of normal bulbs. The spray paint trick is ten times cheaper and just as good looking if done well.
    Btw, I love your BMW photography on pbase.com.

Quote Originally Posted by pmlmotorsports
    I read that you have the Vogtland spring kit installed. Would you be willing to comment on them. Which strut/shocks are you running? I have the stock Boge Automatics and Vogtland lowering springs and I really like them a lot. Please be honest in you opinion of the product. BTW, nice lights, hell, nice car.
    Thanks. The problem is that they came with the car, so I don't have anything to compare them with. Also, the shocks are in very bad condition so it wouldn't be fair to say anything about the ride. All I can say is that I like how low the car sits, not too low (doesn't touch the speed bumps) but still stylish. However, I will soon be posting comments on a KW sport kit (not the really expensive coilovers).

Quote Originally Posted by rockyfeller
    Yup I'm beginning to like those tails even more now....BTW do the inner lenses come with built in fogs??? That would be great if they did. A retrofit on the original Hellas looks like a hassle.
    I too was afraid that they'd be too ricey, but I really like seeing them on my car now. Yes they come with the fogs, which they need to as they're E-approved. Don't know about any American approvals though, but I can check if you tell me what to look for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast