GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: wheel polish

Default wheel polish

Hey guys,

I was wondering what you used to clean your t-stars. I have polished t-stars and I want to pick up some kinda wheel polish. What is safe to use? I saw mother mag/aluminum. Do my t-stars have a clear coat? I'm thinking the lip is aluminum and the t-star hub is like a clear-coated plastic? Am I only able to polish the lip?

Default Mothers wheel polish for clear coated wheels

almost sure your wheels are clear coated. If so,treat your wheels like all painted surfaces. Use clay, cleaners polishes and waxes. Any good synthetic wax is better than any carnuba wax as the higher temperatures of wheels melts carnuba wax.

Also, ask your question on Roadflys detailing forum. Those guys seem rather serious.

Quote Originally Posted by InfernoM3
    Hey guys,

I was wondering what you used to clean your t-stars. I have polished t-stars and I want to pick up some kinda wheel polish. What is safe to use? I saw mother mag/aluminum. Do my t-stars have a clear coat? I'm thinking the lip is aluminum and the t-star hub is like a clear-coated plastic? Am I only able to polish the lip?
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

Depends on who polished your T-Stars. If they are the rarer-than-rocking-horse-dung factory polished ones, I think they are cleared. If they are polished after the fact, then it could be either. If they are cleared, just clean them up good, use some 3M Imperial Hand Glaze to cover the imperfections and wax them. Use the same procedure on the centers. I like 3M wax for this. It's carbauba but lasts a long time. Also could try a synthetic wax like Klasse. If they are not cleared and are just polished Al, any good Aluminum wheel polish will do the trick to get em nice and shiny. I happen to use Mother's.