GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Power Steering

Default Power Steering

Hey guys, my steering is/was very hard to turn. Then all of a sudden, this weekend, it started to work the way its suppose to work. I am able to parallel park with one hand.

Any ideas what may have happened? Do I need to consider replacing the power steering pump?

Thanks
    Life is short.

When was the last time the V-belts and such were checked and tensioned? What about the fluid -- how old is it? Every time I've ever installed a new belt, I've had to retension it a few miles down the road because they stretch a bit. I guess that wouldn't explain the sudden return to normalcy (?), but it might be worth checking out. That, and the fluid

Good luck!

best, whit

Quote Originally Posted by lowell
    When was the last time the V-belts and such were checked and tensioned? What about the fluid -- how old is it? Every time I've ever installed a new belt, I've had to retension it a few miles down the road because they stretch a bit. I guess that wouldn't explain the sudden return to normalcy (?), but it might be worth checking out. That, and the fluid

Good luck!

best, whit

Whit,
    I changed the belts about 6 months ago. However, couldn't get the power steering belt as snug as i would like, since the tightening bold gears were stripped, guess I would need a new pump to get the belt snug. Checked the fluid level, its fine.

Just weird that its working okay at the moment and doesn't require breaking a sweat just to parallel park.

But now that I mentioned it, Murphy's Law will go into effect and the pump will die.
    Life is short.