GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Oil coming out of the MAF

Default Oil coming out of the MAF

I have read all the posts about oil in the intake but this is a bit much. The whole side of the air box is covered in oil from only 2 weeks of last looking under the hood. I had problems with a miss on acceleration and the Oil pressure light came on.

I was surprised to see I had lost 2 quarts of oil in 2 weeks since I had last checked it. I had only lost maybe a 1/4 Qt of oil between oil changes. I know the 525 does not have a pcv valve of any sort but what am I missing?

I have done the stomp test and I am getting a vaccuum leak code. I know a vaccuum leak can cause blow by but this is a bit much. I tried the Tbody cleaner and the Propane trick and got a slight rise in idle under the Intake manifold near the intake gasket. Could there be a leak at the tube going from the Block up to the Intake Manifold? or is that not under pressure?

Thanks in advance,
    Jason

It seems this problem starts when the engine warms up to half way then starts to stumble on acceleration but always idles fine. So, I ordered a new Temp sensor hoping that will help. Anything else maybe? Coil from the manifold heating it up?

Also, I was spraying throttle cleaner near the intake manifold and my other hand was on the strut tower and I got fricken shocked! All the wires seemed good after a Ohm test but maybe they need a replacement?

theres a hose that can crack under the intake on m20 cars, it goes from the throttle body to the valve cover that may be your leak, another sorce is the fuel system evap valve, it plugs into the bottm throttle body it can fall off. if you put your hand on the coil you most likely will get zapped even with good wires. i am not sure why it's puking oil as that's more of a volvo thing then a bimmer problem, that may be a sign of a problem
    Last edited by winfred; 04-01-2005 at 09:46 AM.
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Default Boy is it ever on the volvo's.. : )

r
    Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    theres a hose that can crack under the intake on m20 cars, it goes from the throttle body to the valve cover that may be your leak, another sorce is the fuel system evap valve, it plugs into the bottm throttle body it can fall off. if you put your hand on the coil you most likely will get zapped even with good wires. i am not sure why it's puking oil as that's more of a volvo thing then a bimmer problem, that may be a sign of a problem

if you know how to deal with it on the volvos it's not a problem, but i am begining to hate 960s and 850s for the turds they are, i just did a head job on a 95 960 this week with a burned valve and boy whatta pos, that glued/bolted on upper cam bearing/ valve cover sucks ass

Quote Originally Posted by Bill R.
    r
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Thanks for the advice, I did order the hose going from the T/body to the intake along with a new Tbody to MaF boot. I will look for the line under the Tbody later. Problem diagnosing this car is my son drives it now so I get a update once a week and I have to pry it out of him. I am going to just replace all o-rings and vent lines I can, its got 125k on it so it is due. I'll post a update if it helps, one thing I notice is alot of input from you all and no one ever sais if it workedor not