GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keyless Entry where is that damed plug!?

Default Keyless Entry where is that damed plug!?

I have a 1990 525. I have heard that there is no plug, that the plug is located in the driver's kick panel, that it is a black 12 pin plug located under the rear seat (passanger side) next to where battery should be (mine is under the hood), that it is a green plug located under the rear seat (driver's side), and that it is a black 12 pin located under the rear seat (driver's side).

None of these seem to be true for me...
    In the driver's kick panel there are 2 yellow circular plugs.
    Under the rear seat passanger side there are two 2 pin black plugs unaccounted for.
    Under the rear seat driver's side there is a 26 pin green connector, and a 5 pin green connector.

Help! I have read almost every post on the subject as well as the bmwe34 write up, and still no luck....
    Last edited by bondheli; 03-26-2005 at 06:07 PM.

Default OK, here is what I've found. ...

In up to 1990 USA drawings, there is no reference to any Antitheft (Keyless) device, but in the wiring diagrams, there is a "Not Used" X252 connector in place of the Antitheft module connector for later models. It is a green 26 pins below LH rear seat.

I've prepared you a collage of the drawings with all info related to identification and location of X252.

Have no idea on what you can connect there.

Javier
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks for your reply. Does it appear to you that this 26 pin connector was used for the 88 - 91 keyless entry system? Its hard to tell from the picture, Is there more actions than just the 4 door relays? I bought a "plug n play" keyless entry system from bmwalarm.com, and if I can't get this working in a day or so, I'm going to have to return it.
    thanks

It says on their page that their tech support team is ready to answer questions and such. Were they not able to help you?
    '95 525i
    '71 2800 CS

here is a link that might be useful it for e32's but they are very similar.My dec 89 manufactured 535 has the receiver next to the sunroof switch(I always wondered what that was!)and the led in the dash vent grilleClick on retrofits then keyless entry
    Gone but not forgotten

That plug on the earilier cars in no way matches the 92 up factory keyless system. Does anyone have a pinout for the x252 connector ?
    Derek A.
    90 535i 5 Speed - Style 5 17"

The guy said it was a black connector next to the battery. He was less knolageable than I was. When he sent me a picture, it was of the amp connector....

Quote Originally Posted by s.c.estes
    It says on their page that their tech support team is ready to answer questions and such. Were they not able to help you?

hmm I don't have that receiver. A label in the trunk says I am wired for a phone, but I can find nothing about being wired for an alarm. I have read on other boards that the keyless entry is located in the drivers kick panel on an e32. I have takin that off as well as the underdash and searched for about an hour for that connector or any wires with yellow dots that match the color code. Nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ
    here is a link that might be useful it for e32's but they are very similar.My dec 89 manufactured 535 has the receiver next to the sunroof switch(I always wondered what that was!)and the led in the dash vent grilleClick on retrofits then keyless entry

Default I'll try to work one out, just need some time.

Javier

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast