GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Replica Rims

Default Replica Rims

There is a lot of confusion going around rims right now. Ebay every other rim set is a replica. A lot of people think they crap, and not worth a penny, but what you think. How is the finish on them? Is it holding up? How close is it to OEM quality? Post your experiences with them, where you got them form, are they worth the price? Any thoughts? What are the best places to get them?

give PMLMOTORSPORTS a hollar, He seems to know whats up with this stuff, think he is a distributer too. He is on here every so often, look him up.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Yeah, Peter seems to have good prices on the OEM/actual shtuff (we're talking eBay replica price territory here). I wouldn't hesitate to do business with him - others have on the board, I believe.

i went with 17" M3 rims from DiscountTireDirect.com, which i found from bmwe34.net. i've had them for almost two years now, but when i got them i had only just started driving so i wasnt very good. needless to say, a few curbs thought they would taste good, so they jumped out at me...but aside from that, there are no problems with mine after two years. i cant vouche for them any longer than that, though.

I'm looking Alpina style rims, found few on ebay for a pretty good price aorund $400, but the shipping is a killer $200.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...sPageName=WDVW

These are not Alpina style, but in fact BMW Type 32 replicas (although not available in staggered fitments). Abraham Motorsports imports something similar ( http://www.abrahamsmotorsport.com/index-1.html ) as does RVM @ ebay ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...964015452&rd=1 ). The Kopi copy has a smooth center cap that hides the lug nuts making them the replica that best duplicates the real Alpina just minus the lip of the rear wheel drive offset. The RVM replica has extensions of the vanes (spokes) continue into the center cap almost to the Alpina logo. You can choose either style and in my opinion the RVM wheel is by far and away the best bang-for-buck deal out there even though they are made in China. As all replica wheels are heavy when compared to OEM, it is up to you if the added weight is of concern. Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDuke
    I'm looking Alpina style rims, found few on ebay for a pretty good price aorund $400, but the shipping is a killer $200.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...sPageName=WDVW

How about Voxx wheels? I really like Scorze and Saga II wheels, but I can't find any for e34. OEM style 32s how much would they go for? Are stock 525 rims staggered?

I can supply you factory oem style 32 17x8 and 17x9 staggered with Toyo T1S tires 235/45-17 fr and 265/40-17 rr. These tires are voted #1 by a leading European magazine test 4 years running for $1,375.00 + shipping. They will come with the required hub-centric ring and have been refinished using a igh quality powder-coating w/ 5yr warranty on finish. The factory finish has been notorious for peeling. The wheels alone are $690.00 + shipping. As for the Voxx line, they are Discount Tire Direct's exclusive line. I can't say anything good or bad about them as I never even touched one. However I do know they are very similar to MAS Italy's Sagitta in styling and since MAS Italy is no longer in business, you can draw your own conclusions as to where the casting mold came from.
    Last edited by pmlmotorsports; 03-26-2005 at 10:48 PM. Reason: added info

Can you post some picures? Where are you located at? I would rather pick them up myself and save on shipping.

Can u mail me at TheDuke@iname.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast