GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Replica Rims

Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ
    ahhaaaa i wondered what my wheels were modelled after,I think they are Italian.They are quite light but bend fairly easily,the importer no longer brings them in here
    those wheels are hot!

i have some 18x8 e39 m5 replicas, they look good (too light in color compared to the real thing though) and they're a bit weak (though i did hit a speed bump at ridiculous speeds), but overall pretty good for the price

Quote Originally Posted by pmlmotorsports
    They'll fit all day long.......you simply run a 19x8.5 rim +15mm offset; give or take 3mm, and install a 245/35-19 tire. It works just fine, especially if you live where the roads are real nice w/o any fender/wheel-arch mods. However, if you have cobblestone streets, highway speed bumps, or hit a a bad bump, you will feel every little imperfection. And if you hit a pothole, FORGET IT. Hope this helps.
    Nice one, thanks.

Thanks PML. They're on my 525ia, but I recall hefting them and they were markedly lighter than my regular 15s pulled from an E39, and I find the steering effort with them now much less than before, not to mention total absence of vibration at any speed. Find tho that they do tend to track cracks and lines on the road, w/c I think is normal for wider tires? Appreciate the info, take care!

that's known a "tramming".......all wide wheel and tire combos do that, especially Porsches due to the lightness of the front end utilizing a rear engine design.

Pml, Can you get T-stars?
    Ted K
    90 535 5-speed

New?.............used? reconditioned?...........as you already know, they are rare and expensive..........I know I could locate a set, but as to their condition, I wouldn't know until I find them...sorry. I can offer you many alternatives including lightweight forged wheels, some that actually weigh less than the T-Stars.....let me know
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted K
    Pml, Can you get T-stars?

Quote Originally Posted by pmlmotorsports
    Here is a site http://zoouz.free.fr/wheels.htm that shows all the bmw wheels. The style we are talking about is STYLE 32, 17x8 fr, and 17x9 rr. I also offer STYLE 5, a 17x8 wheel, but being a true 2-piece wheel, it is more costly. I believe that wheel is $850.00 a set refinished to perfection and warranted for 3 yr on finish and I believe lifetime on structure, but don't quote me on the structual warranty......lol. That's about it for OE BMW wheel offerings. I am located in Brooklyn, NY. Unfortunately, this thread started with, "There is a lot of confusion going around rims right now. Ebay every other rim set is a replica.", and I can go on and on and on about different options for low offset BMWs in 17", 18" thru 22" .......eeek, 22" God forbid. Basically, decide on how much ya want to spend, I'll show ya wheels up to that price-point + $150, and then you can decide, but I can't go and post info on every wheel I can get a hold of, it would take hours and make this place look like a store-front for me, and that's not cool. Hope this helps.
    Pml YO DA MAN, as my few Jamaican friends would say. I honestly don't think you are making this post a counter top, we prop ably being saved from making a very very bad and expensive mistakes. And we all appreciate it. One of that guys at my work bought a set of 20" rims for his SUV, had them for few weeks before they started pealing because of poor quality finish, Also he dented the rim on a ridiculously small bump. Unlucky for him he spend about $3k on them to find out he bought a peace of junk worth about $500 in aluminum at the local recycling plant.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123