GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Replica Rims

Paul, pop some pics in the posts! Eye candy is dandy at times.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Ive been looking into replica e39 m5 rims or, SSR GT-3 rims, but i dont think those fit on our e34.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuke
    Can you post some picures? Where are you located at? I would rather pick them up myself and save on shipping.
    Here is a site http://zoouz.free.fr/wheels.htm that shows all the bmw wheels. The style we are talking about is STYLE 32, 17x8 fr, and 17x9 rr. I also offer STYLE 5, a 17x8 wheel, but being a true 2-piece wheel, it is more costly. I believe that wheel is $850.00 a set refinished to perfection and warranted for 3 yr on finish and I believe lifetime on structure, but don't quote me on the structual warranty......lol. That's about it for OE BMW wheel offerings. I am located in Brooklyn, NY. Unfortunately, this thread started with, "There is a lot of confusion going around rims right now. Ebay every other rim set is a replica.", and I can go on and on and on about different options for low offset BMWs in 17", 18" thru 22" .......eeek, 22" God forbid. Basically, decide on how much ya want to spend, I'll show ya wheels up to that price-point + $150, and then you can decide, but I can't go and post info on every wheel I can get a hold of, it would take hours and make this place look like a store-front for me, and that's not cool. Hope this helps.

who is Paul?
    Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    Paul, pop some pics in the posts! Eye candy is dandy at times.

PML,thanks for the website re BMW wheels, was able to find out mine are style 89s. A friend brought it in from Germany for his M5, he decided to stick with his originals so was able to get them from him, using them with Potenza 235s. Question: aside from the centerpiece logo, they didnt have any BMW markings on them. Just an 'Austria' stamp at the back. Are these original BMW, or some sort of replica? Thanks!

Can you fit 19's on an E34 or do they require wheel arch modification?

some wheels are special order only, especially when the car/wheel is purchased in Germany. BMW approves many wheels, upwards of 200 styles as you can see, but not all are continued BMW part numbers, or ever entered as such, some wheels are simply offered through BMW dealerships like add-on options at the dealer level. The main thing is this, if the wheel is offered through a BMW catalog, or dealership, and it is manufactured by an approved BMW supplier, it is a high quality product and you can't consider it non-BMW......the wheel you are referring to resembles the Z8 Alpina wheel, and it may be forged. Weigh it and see. If it is lighter than 22lbs, it's forged, and some forged wheels have a sticker on the inner-barrel to identify it. FYI, Austria is the home of Fuchs, the people who made the Porsche black 5 spoke wheel for years. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by bmwrube
    PML,thanks for the website re BMW wheels, was able to find out mine are style 89s. A friend brought it in from Germany for his M5, he decided to stick with his originals so was able to get them from him, using them with Potenza 235s. Question: aside from the centerpiece logo, they didnt have any BMW markings on them. Just an 'Austria' stamp at the back. Are these original BMW, or some sort of replica? Thanks!

ahhaaaa i wondered what my wheels were modelled after,I think they are Italian.They are quite light but bend fairly easily,the importer no longer brings them in here

Gone but not forgotten

They'll fit all day long.......you simply run a 19x8.5 rim +15mm offset; give or take 3mm, and install a 245/35-19 tire. It works just fine, especially if you live where the roads are real nice w/o any fender/wheel-arch mods. However, if you have cobblestone streets, highway speed bumps, or hit a a bad bump, you will feel every little imperfection. And if you hit a pothole, FORGET IT. Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory535i
    Can you fit 19's on an E34 or do they require wheel arch modification?

E39 replicas are a dime a dozen as every foundry on the planet makes a version of it. The SSR GT3 wheel is definitely available if you got the green-backs.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldragon03
    Ive been looking into replica e39 m5 rims or, SSR GT-3 rims, but i dont think those fit on our e34.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast