GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Leveling System Woes?

Default Leveling System Woes?

Hey all, sorting my newly purchased 92' 535iM and I've got a new problem... After taking a "spirited" corner today I got a "Self Leveling Suspention" error/warning on the display. 2 minutes later it was gone. Then again, later today, under very similar circumstances, the same error that again disappeared. I have a Bentley's manual on the way but was wondering if anybody has experienced this before and what their solution was. Thanks for any input- looking forward to a weekend wrenching on the car!

Quote Originally Posted by ron kirk
    Hey all, sorting my newly purchased 92' 535iM and I've got a new problem... After taking a "spirited" corner today I got a "Self Leveling Suspention" error/warning on the display. 2 minutes later it was gone. Then again, later today, under very similar circumstances, the same error that again disappeared. I have a Bentley's manual on the way but was wondering if anybody has experienced this before and what their solution was. Thanks for any input- looking forward to a weekend wrenching on the car!
    Hello!

I had the same thing happen on my 92 525ia. There's a "U" shaped bolt that acts as a stop for the system. When something on the damper hits it, the leveler is activated. My indy tightened the "U" thingy and I've had smooth sailing ever since.
    -ashley

'92 525iA / 179k miles / Born 3.92 / ABS / No ASC / stock / North Carolina

Paper Gaskets Suck!