GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: advice needed: to those who know the m50 intake manifold

Default advice needed: to those who know the m50 intake manifold

or take a look at this pic

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...24&hg=11&fg=40

please note no 9. the portruding clip on my number 9 has broken off. was thinking that if i put a long, >1/8 inch diameter bolt through a point front or aft of the midpoint, epoxied or siliconed the bolt entrance and exit, and bungee corded the assembly to the intake manifold to hold it on, would the disruption of the airflow from the icv to the intake manifold by the >1/8 inch bolt be too much for the car to run properly?
    here's my crude asciis of what i want to do

---0----- diameter view

| |
    | |
    ---| |---
    | | length wise

ill loop the bungee around the portruding bolts and to the intake manifold to hold the hose up firmly. right now, the crankcase pressure is too much at start for the hose to stay on

im thinking that this is the only method stong enough to hold it flush to the manifold. any suggestions or comments or suggestions of how i can do this without drilling a hole through the piece of plastic? i'm stuck until bma can get me a part. just my luck too, at my mother's house in orlando, i have stored a m50 manifold with this exact same part, its just that there's no one around whose mechanically knowledgeable to take it off for me.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Default Should be fine, Ryan...that ICV is pretty good at adjusting the idle...

It may throw a CEL until it figures out how to modulate, but should be fine until you get your replacement from BMA. I replaced mine when I was having the MAF problems last October, and that tab IS easy to break!

Good luck, and good to "hear" from you!
    Bill B.
    95 525i