GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT interesting article about Wal-Mart

Default OT interesting article about Wal-Mart

This thread jumps over from 632Regal's comment at
    http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=1030

I had not seen a particular website about Wal-Mart being the evil empire, so I did a Google search: "Wal-Mart" "Evil Empire" and it's almost impossible to sort the results, there's so many.

If anyone wants a little food for thought on the matter, this [long] article seems to present the issues pretty fairly and thoroughly. Nothing like adventures in capitalism . . .

http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2004/02/279759.shtml

Is that the pickle article?

Personally, I refuse to shop at Wal Mart. I absolutely hate the whole trend of super stores nowadays- I'd rather pay a little more and know that the money is going somewhere closer to home.

Default That's kinda my thinking too.

But it's not the pickle article - it's a different one.

Quote Originally Posted by AllanS
    Is that the pickle article?

Personally, I refuse to shop at Wal Mart. I absolutely hate the whole trend of super stores nowadays- I'd rather pay a little more and know that the money is going somewhere closer to home.

Here is the link to the pickle article.. must register with la times (free) to read it.
    http://www.latimes.com/business/la-w...6.storygallery

I hate having to go to three stores to get my stuff... So I am a fan of Super stores hehehehe. I don' care mutch about wally Mart though.
    '85 Euro 635csi Race Turbo, megasquirt, Group A
    '92 525i Touring 5 speed, 3.46 diff, UUC 8.5lb flywheel, soon to be turbo.
    '02 Subaru WRX Wagon with STI springs, bigger sway bars

Default only four items i will go to walmart for.....

the 5 qt container of mobil 1 for 19.67, the gallon of bulk atf for $3.97, the 12 pack of rayovac alkaline AAs for $4, and ford motorcraft oil filter for mumsie's taurus for $2.99, and then only if NAPA is closed and I can't get the wix piece. all of the above are not available at any other store. I'll go out of my way to go to target instead.

Default I dont like them super stores either,

I own a small printshop, I live in a small town with small businesses. Whenever some store thinks theyll corner the market closing all the local yokles out it seems that the whole town boycotts them and goes in flocks to the small mom n pop stores.

Typical example; ace hardware moves in (chain store) and trys to draw all the bus. from the local Thompsons hardware (Ed & Arlene), most the people that go to Thompsons buy stuff they dont even need at the moment to show support. Ace loses money over the years and scaled down and raises prices above Ed & Arlene's...who wins? Everyone but the conglomerate that tried to change a small town.

Who supports me? all the locals including the small little hardware store that you can get anything within a day and will personally help you through your projects (using your name) and asking how it turned out the next time you stop in. Kinda like I run my own place, courteous and helpful, make a living but will point out where my customers can save money, even if it sends them to Office Max. All in the best interest of people, not conglomerates. Wouldnt it be nice when you need to get or order something and walk in the door and you get greeted with your name? Even when you havent been there for months? I think it's coolies.

My logic has always been off the beaten path but thats how I feel about it.

Kinda like the old board? J/K, I still know your names.

95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

This will be interesting!

The "associtates" at the Wal-Marts in Quebec are working on unionizing to conform to Quebec's labour code! This will be a good one to watch, folks. Maybe it will lay the ground work to take the "Wal-Mart" brothers down a notch, to a more humble position?

http://www.ufcw832.mb.ca/spec-4.html

Cheers,
    Duey

1995 540i/6 Sport Pkg w/E.A.T. chip and Nikasil injection Duey's Gallery

Here is a collection of Wall Mart employees.. NOT WORK SAFE !!!!!

http://www.flabber.nl/archief/007251.php

enjoy
    Derek A.
    90 535i 5 Speed - Style 5 17"

Default it is work safe, all jibberish . . . unless you click on the Walmart girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek A.
    Here is a collection of Wall Mart employees.. NOT WORK SAFE !!!!!

http://www.flabber.nl/archief/007251.php

enjoy
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast