GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: I took the car on the track on Monday

Default I took the car on the track on Monday

You can see the track here. http://www.wakefieldpark.com.au/. Fog early in them morning and cold (10 degrees celcuis), clearing to a sunny day around 18 degrees.

She performed okay the first time out. I drove the car hard of course. I am a **** driver and don;t know the racing line very well, its hard to judge excatly where to brake and how hard also. This was my first time out on the track with any car. Did about 40 laps total over 6 sessions. We got warmup lap (3 to 4) timed laps then a cooldown lap. The track is quite small, and the width of the actaully track is narrow. Over taking mainly on the main straight,

Times for the day here;

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/re...2005.WAKE.S2.Y

My tires wore out quickly, the brakes did not fade much at all, but i wasn't killing them. Even with abs the brakes locked up, the back end gets loose, it's fun stuff. Left foot braking around corners is fun. At the end of the session the brakes smelt though and they where hot.

The slushbox only used 2 gears around the track (second and third, besides first for taking off of course). I never changed the gears manually. Of course in sports mode, the auto shifts around 5800 from 2nd to 3rd gear flat to the floor. I have that i wished it changed at around 6200.

The car understeers heaps on the limit. I have stock basketweaves 15". The fronts have dunlop le mans a4 (i think), the rears need to be replaced.

I put the koni on the front to full hard. I've got a fat 27mm front swaybar ajustable set to the firmest setting and the rear swaybar is stock. I'll be replacing the rear swaybar with a 20mm whiteline adjustable set on the firmest setting and put the front on the softest setting.

It's fun taking winding corners at 100 kms. Top speed was maybe 145km for me. I have no photos yet or video yet. I love the tracking the car. My best time was a 1:21.9. The attached pdf

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/attachm...ntid=971&stc=1

is what the BMW NSW drivers club ran on their first meeting at wakefield park earlier on this year.

I'll be competing in All cars over 2.5L

Regards

Kristian
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BigKriss; 03-23-2005 at 07:06 AM.